#28 Sugar, Honey, Honey

Got this request a while ago and I've been meaning to write it for ages. I'm having such a writers block at the moment. This isn't exactly like the request but it was about someone's birthday and meeting John so I've done my best! Quite short but enjoy x

May 12th 2019. Final day of the season, and 23rd birthday of Katie Parker.

"Lils, the girls are here! The taxi will be here soon!" Katie called up the stairs to her younger sister. This evening, Katie and her friends (and sister), were hitting the town for a double celebration: Katie's birthday, and this afternoon, Manchester City were crowned champions of the Premier League for the second year running.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" She called back, rushing down the stairs as quick as she could in a pair of heels. Katie smiled at her sister.

"Trying to upstage me on my birthday?" She joked.

"I could never." Lily chuckled, stumbling across the room. The girls had been drinking since early afternoon; they'd been in a beer garden all day, waiting for the football. Growing up die hard Man City fans, the girls has gotten a little tipsy after their win this afternoon.

As the taxis pulled up in their street, the group of girls piled out into the cars, giving the drivers the address of the pub they were starting their night in, and off they went.

The journey wasn't long, and as soon as they arrived at their destination, the drinks were already flowing. Katie was a light weight, and it didn't take long until she was feeling drunk once more. Not caring about the pain in her feet, she made her way across to the dance floor, already beginning to embarrass herself this early on in the night.

"Where are you going?" Jess asked as Katie tried to leave the dance floor, heading for the DJ.

"Requesting a song!" She called over the noise. Trotting across the floor, she leant in towards the DJ and asked for 'Sugar, Sugar'. Making her way back onto the dance floor, she climbed up onto one of the tables and began shouting from the top of her voice.

'We've got Razza,
duh duh duh duh duh duh,
Oh, Sane, Sane!
Duh duh duh duh duh duh,
Kun Aguero,
But we sold Edin Džeko!'

"Look at that girl." Kyle laughed, motioning to the girl standing across the dance floor from them. John took a swig from his drink, moving closer to hear what she was singing.

"Ay, your song caught on." John laughed.

The boys had decided to end their champions celebrations in the same club they celebrated in last year. They'd been here for a few hours now, and it was fair to say they were starting to feel the effects of the alcohol.

"She's fit." John said to no one in particular.

"Go talk to her." Aleks said.

"I dunno." He laughed it off. "She's probably got a boyfriend." He felt weird just watching her but he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

"You won't know unless you ask." Aleks smirked, taking another swig of his beer before walking away. John placed his drink down on the table, taking a deep breath and walking across the dance floor. As he stopped next to the table to get her attention, she stumbled, jumping down from the table.

"Woah, careful." John laughed, catching her arm.

"Holy shit." She said, turning to face him. "You're-"

"John Stones." He finished.

"I'm a huge City fan." She told him.

"I guessed." He laughed. "We've got Razza..."

"You heard?" She asked, covering her face in embarrassment.

"We did indeed."

"We?"

"The boys." He pointed over to the rest of the squad, gathering around at the back of the club.

"Oh my god..." She mumbled, embarrassed.

"Don't worry." He laughed. "So, what brings you here tonight?"

"Well it's my birthday, and we were celebrating the win." Katie chuckled. "And yet again I get a little too drunk and end up embarrassing myself."

"Well in that case I think I should buy you a drink." He said. "And happy birthday by the way."

"Thank you." She smiled. "And you don't have to buy me a drink. I should be buying you a drink. You've just made work on Tuesday so much easier." She chuckled. "My boss is a Liverpool fan. He said if you won I could have tomorrow off."

"Then how about you let me take you out sometime?"

"Are you sure?" She asked. He tilted his head to the side. "We've literally just met. I'm not saying no but-"

"You seem fun." He shrugged.

"Then yeah, I'd love to." Katie smiled. "Now, drink?"

I really, really don't like this! Writers block is killing me! I've got one more request (that I know of) that I'm going to try my best to upload by the end of tomorrow, if anyone else has any, feel free to comment or message and I'll do my best to get it written! I need some inspiration!