#31 Proud (Part 1)

Liked by harrymaguire93 and 12,659 others

eliza.watkins
proud of you EVERY single day

View all comments.

bernardocarvalhosilva where are my photo creds
>> johnstonesofficial it's a video you idiot

kevindebruyne cuuuute
>> kylewalker2 don't encourage them🤮

Eliza laughed to herself.

She was so proud of all of the boys; the treble was an incredible achievement, and they'd worked so hard over the past few months to ensure they'd win. She was especially proud of John - he'd come back from injury with even more fight than before, and he'd played better than she'd ever seen.

Eliza and John had been best friends since they were young, their parents growing up together. Born three months apart, they'd always been inseparable.

"Just tell him." Peyton said, snapping Eliza from her thoughts. "You couldn't make it any more obvious but you know what he's like - in a little world of his own." Eliza rolled her eyes. Peyton was right.

"I can't just tell him." Eliza frowned. "Because it'll ruin our friendship and I couldn't bare not to have him in my life." She knew she was being ridiculous but she was scared.

"Why would it ruin your friendship?"

"If he doesn't feel the same." She sighed.

"Who did he get up on stage and thank yesterday at the parade?" Peyton asked, crossing her arms. "You were all he spoke about. You're all he ever speaks about."

"Whatever." Eliza brushed it off. "Anyway, I'm going to pick him up from the club in about an hour. Fancy coming with me for a drive?"

"So I can sit in the back and listen to you two being all lovey dovey - I don't think so." She chuckled. "Does this mean he's staying here tonight?" Eliza and Peyton had lived together for just over a year, and Peyton had got so used to John being here all the time. Eliza shrugged her shoulders. "So that's a yes."

"I don't know." Eliza shook her head. "I might go to his. I'll see what he wants to do."

"You do know you can drop him home then sleep in your own bed." Peyton smirked. She knew she was winding her up. "You don't have to stay at each other's every single night." Eliza didn't know how to respond. "I'm joking, El. Go and stay at his - I need a good nights sleep and I won't get that if he's here."

"Fine." Eliza chucked.

Eliza pulled up outside the club, scanning the crowds of people for a familiar face. Spotting John, she flashed her lights and waited for him to come over to the car. Stumbling over followed by Kevin and Kyle, he pulled open the car door and fell into the passenger seat. "Hi." He smiled. "I don't suppose-"

"Jump in." Eliza called to the boys, knowing what John was about to ask. Kevin and Kyle climbed into the back of the car, and Eliza set off.

"So, how was your night?" Eliza asked.

"Great." Kyle said. "Someone had a little too much to drink though." He laughed, gesturing towards John who sat with his head in his hands.

"I'm fine." He chuckled. "Where are we staying tonight?"

"I thought we could stay at yours. Pey's home."

"Wanting some privacy, ay El?" Kevin joked. She simply rolled her eyes at him, focusing her attention back on the road.

It wasn't long before the boys were dropped home, and Eliza was pulling up outside John's house. Pushing open his door, he climbed out of the car and stumbled up the path, unlocking the front door. Eliza followed closely behind him, pushing the front door shut behind her.

"Let's get you up to bed." Eliza said, pulling him via his hand up the stairs. John followed closely behind her, not taking his eyes off of her.

"Thank you." He said as he sat down on the edge of his bed. "Thanks for picking us up."

"What are friends for, ay?" She laughed.

The pair continued chatting as they got ready for bed, John changing into a pair of shorts and climbing under his duvet. He watched as Eliza took off her makeup, smiling as she sat down next to him.

"Beautiful." He smiled.

"Shut up." She laughed. "You're drunk."

"I'm fine."

"Let's have this conversation when you're sober." She said, "Now go to sleep."

"No I wanna talk now." John sighed. "Whilst I've got the balls to say what I want to say." Eliza tilted her head to the side, confused. "I just - I dunno - lately I've been thinking that maybe-"

"John." She sighed. "Not now."

"Eliza." He said. "I know you know how I feel. And I know you've know it for a while. And I also know you feel the same." He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "I spoke to Bernardo today and he made me realise that I just needed to grow a pair and tell you. It's been a great month - Premier League, FA Cup, and I just thought, there's no time like now to tell you."

"I'm just scared." Eliza admitted.

"Me too." John nodded. "You've been my best friend forever and the thought of losing you makes me feel sick. But if you're willing to give this a go then I'm in it for the long run."

"Do you mean-"

This is more of just a filler chapter, Part 2 is better!