#36 Unreasonable

Request.

Danni rolled her eyes, rubbing her fingers on her temples in attempt to suppress the headache that was currently clouding her thoughts. John had just stormed out of the house and into the garden, where he was now currently kicking around a football.

"I swear..." Danni muttered to herself, standing up from the sofa and making her way into the kitchen. She watched John through the window as he put the ball in the back of the net. He always took his anger out this way, but Danni hated knowing he was upset.

Pushing open the back door, she made it clear she was watching him. "What?" He asked, turning to face her, a sour look on his face.

"This needs to stop, John." She said, folding her arms across her chest. "We're grown adults. You're twenty five years old, for God sake."

"I'll stop when you stop being unreasonable."

"Unreasonable?" Danni asked, chucking. "Unreasonable? You think it's unreasonable to want my boyfriend to actually spend some time with me instead of going out with the boys. If you think that's unreasonable then maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship."

"Just leave me alone." John shook his head. He watched as Danni's face fell. "Please, Dan. Just leave me for a while. I just want some time on my own."

"Fine." She shook her head, walking back into the house. Making her way up to their bedroom, she dropped down on the bed and pulled the duvet up to her neck. She was fed up with arguing with him, but nothing ever got resolved. Picking up her phone, she started scrolling through the photos of the pair of them. She loved John more than anything, but the arguments had been ridiculous lately, and she didn't know what else to do.

"Hi." He sighed, snapping her from her thoughts. Danni looked up from her phone, a tear escaping from her eye as she looked at him. "Don't cry." He said, sitting down next to her. "I know I'm a dick. I'm sorry, Dan." He frowned, shaking his head and placing a hand on her knee. She closed her eyes as she really started to cry. "Fuck." He sighed. "Dan, please." She wiped her eyes, shaking her head.

"I can't do it anymore. I can't spend my life arguing - I've got more important things to be worrying about." Danni said. "I love you and I can't imagine ever being with anyone else but what else can I do?"

"I know." He said. "I know. I'm trying."

"I had this really nice surprise planned for this evening and now I feel like it's been ruined because there's so much tension." She started to cry again. "And now I don't even want to tell you because I don't know if we'll even be together in a month's time, let alone nine!"

"What?" John asked.

Danni looked up at him, worried to see the look on his face. She swung her legs from the bed and marched over to the chest of drawers at the end of their bed. Pulling out a little package, she threw it at John and sat down on the end of the bed, crossing her arms. Untying it slowly, John lifted up a tiny baby grow, reading the words 'Baby Stones, due 2020'. His face fell.

"That's the surprise." Danni said.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes." She said, sternly.

"Baby-"

"Are you mad?" She asked.

"Are you insane?" He asked. "We're gonna be parents. I'm gonna be a dad." He rushed to sit beside her and cupped her cheeks with his hands. "I mean it, from now on, I'm gonna be a different person. I'm going to be here for you and this baby no matter what. You mean the world to me, Danni, and I know I'm taking you for a granted and one day you're going to end up leaving me because I'm an idiot and I know that now-"

"John." She interrupted him. "Stop." She chuckled. "You're really not mad?"

"No way." He beamed. "I'm gonna be a dad."

Funny how quickly arguments are forgiven.