#29 Just A Mum (Part Two)

Short.

John and Hayley lay in bed, chatting amongst one another as Joshua lay asleep in between them. Hayley stared down at her baby boy, who was now much less of a baby; sixteen months old, Joshua had turned into such a handsome little guy.

"I'll get going when he wakes up." Hayley said, sitting up and flattening out her dress. "I need to do some housework. I can't remember the last time I hoovered." She chuckled to herself.

"Move in with me." John said, sitting up next to her.

"What?" She laughed.

"Move in with me." He repeated. "You might as well. You're both here all the time anyway. It's such a long drive from Leicester to here. It seems silly paying for two houses when we could just live together."

"Wow, I don't know what to say..." She said, looking down at her boy. "Are you sure you'd be okay with having a one year old here all of the time? You get a break from him at the moment. He'd be under your feet, climbing all over you 24/7."

"I'd love to have him here." He said, pushing a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'd love to have you both here. I love you both."

"I love you." Hayley smiled back. "I'd love to move in. But only if you're 100% sure about it."

"I've never been more sure."

John and Hayley had been together for a year now. Two months after the England event, John asked Hayley to be his girlfriend, and they never looked back. He adored Josh, and Josh saw John as a father figure. He'd started calling him 'daddy', and Hayley told John she was okay with it if he was. Her move to Manchester would probably have happened much sooner, if it wasn't for her older brother.

"How do you think Harry will take it?"

"I think he'll be fine." John said, "I hope so anyway. He knows I love you more than anything and I'm sure he'll want the best for you and Josh. It's not like you're living with him anymore. You're living alone with Josh and I hate the thought of you being so far away."

"I'll call him tonight when I get home."

"Why don't we get your stuff tonight?"

"John." She said, smirking.

"I hate it when you go home." He pouted.

"What about work?" She asked. "I'm due to go back to work next month. I've already pushed it back two months, I think they'll lose their minds if I just resign. Plus, what if I can't find a job here quickly?"

"You don't have to rush back." He said. "I've got you. Stay at home with Joshua. Stay at home for as long as you need." Hayley started to tear up, knowing he'd go to the end of the earth for her.

"I love you so much." She whispered, reaching out and stroking his cheek as he smiled at her.

"I love you too." He smiled. "And please don't cry."

"You just make me emotional." She laughed through the tears, wiping her face. "You're so cute."

"Look. Why don't you stay here again tonight? We'll call Harry tomorrow and talk to him then we'll get everything sorted for you coming here." He looked down at Josh as he started to stir. "Hey, handsome!" He said, scooping him up into his lap. Joshua buried his head into the crook of John's neck. Hayley's heart fluttered. Taking out her phone she snapped a photo of the pair - she loved moments like this and loved having photos to look back on.

"My favourite boys." She smiled, moving closer and throwing her arms around the pair of them. "How did I get so lucky?"

So I will probably post another part to this at some point because I've got some more ideas that I wanted to put in this chapter but didn't want it to be tooooo much, so 👀