#26 Surprise!

Really short but I haven't posted in ages so I thought I'd post something!

"Are you sure you're okay with me going out?" Frankie pouted at her boyfriend. He smiled at her, amused she'd even have to ask - but little did she know...

"Frank, it's your birthday. Go out and have a good night with the girls. We're going for our meal tomorrow, we can celebrate then." He pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, not wanting to ruin her makeup as he stood before her.

Today was Frankie's 23rd birthday, and some of the City WAGS were taking her on a night out to celebrate - or so she thought. She'd dressed herself in a short red dress with a pair of black heels, and her makeup was on point. John admired the beauty stood in front of him, feeling nervous for the events that were going to take place in just a few hours.

"Kyle is picking up Paige up on the way and dropping her and Annie here in about ten minutes." She told him. John nodded, watching her intently. "What's the matter?" She placed a gentle hand on his arm, tilting her head to the side.

"Nothing." John shook his head at her. "You just look so beautiful."

The two of them stood around in the lounge, waiting for Kyle to drop the girls off for their night out. They were meeting some of the other girls at the club, and she couldn't wait to get drunk - it had been ages since she'd been on a night out with the girls.

"Happy Birthday!" Paige cried, throwing her arms around Frankie. Annie repeated the action, and the three of them stood gossiping until the taxi arrived to drop them off into the centre of town where they'd be starting their night out.

Frankie gave John a quick kiss and he told her to be careful and enjoy her night. "We'll look after her." Paige told John, a smirk on her face.

"I don't doubt you will." He chuckled.

The taxi ride into town didn't take long, and soon they were meeting the other girls; Lais, Carla, Candice and Michèle. The drinks were soon flowing, and Frankie was a little tipsy already. It didn't take much for her to get drunk, and she appreciated a cheap night out.

After an hour or so, Annie suggested that they made their way over to the club where they'd be spending the rest of the evening. All agreeing, the girls made their way, only stumbling slightly, to their next location.

As they made their way inside and trotted over to the bar, Frankie was surprised to see Bernardo and Sergio on the dance floor.

Rushing over to them, she threw her arms around Bernardo. "What are you doing here?!" She cried, happy to see her friends. She'd gotten close to all of the boys since John had joined City.

"We're all here to celebrate your birthday." Bernardo told her. Frankie looked at the pair, confused.

"What?" She chuckled.

Sergio nodded in the direction behind her, and she spun around to see the rest of the boys and their girlfriends sat around the booths. John sat with Kyle and Leroy, a smile plastered across his face.

"Oh my god." Frankie muttered, dropping her face into her hands as she started to cry.

"Don't cry!" Kevin said as he and John walked over to her. "You'll ruin your makeup."

"Surprise." John said, throwing his arms around his girlfriend. She buried her head in his chest as the tears carried on falling; she didn't expect everyone to surprise her like this, and as she looked over to the bar, the girls stood watching her, smirks on their faces. "You didn't think I'd really let you spend your birthday without me, did you?" He joked.

"I love you so much." She breathed, wiping at her eyes.

"I know you do." He said, looking over at the DJ and nodding. The music stopped. "And because of that, I have something to ask." He pulled back from her, still holding her hands for a brief moment, before dropping down on one knee. He pulled a box from his pocket, opening it to unveil the most beautiful ring. Frankie couldn't control her emotions now, and started to sob. "Frankie Palmer. Over the past two years, you have made me the happiest man alive. You've supported me in all that I've done, and I couldn't be more grateful for the man you've helped me become. All I want is to spend the rest of my life with you, have babies with you, and grow old with you."

"John..." Frankie whispered.

"Frankie, will you marry me?"

She nodded her head quickly, muttering a quiet "yes, of course I will". He took the ring from the box, his hands shaking like crazy, and placed it on her finger. Jumping up, he threw his arms around her as everyone erupted into applause, some of the girls crying, happy for their friend.

"I love you so much." John said, kissing Frankie as her tears continued to fall from her eyes.

"I love you too."

"Happy birthday, beautiful."

Don't think I like this one much 😩