#19 I Do

Request.

"I do." John smiled.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

My heart fluttered.

"You may now kiss the bride."

John leant down and pressed a kiss to my lips, the hall erupting into applause as our marriage was made official. I'd waited for this day for so long, and I was now officially Mrs Eleanor Stones. As we pulled away from one another, I couldn't help but admire him. He was so perfect.

"I love you." He whispered.

The wedding reception was in full swing. The hall was filled with with all of our friends and family, and I was so grateful to be surrounded by all of my favourite people. We'd finished our meal a little over ten minutes ago, and the hall fell silent as John stood up from his seat.

"I'd like to begin by saying thank you to everyone for coming here to spend the day with my wife and I." He smirked at me. "We are so grateful to have you all here, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. I'd like to say thank you so much to my parents for everything you have done for me, and how much you've helped Eleanor and I over the past few months with these wedding plans. I owe everything to you and I'll never be able to repay you. Dan and Olivia, I'd like to thank you for welcoming me into your family, and most importantly, raising such a king, caring and generous young woman. Dan, I know it must be hard watching your daughter marry a City player..." He joked.

I turned towards my dad who was chuckling. "Trust me, I was hoping for Rashford." Everyone started laughing.

"I wish I had the time to thank everyone, but that would take me all day. There are two more very important people who I must thank. Kyle. The best man. You've always been so supportive of my relationship with Eleanor, and there was no one else I could have imagined standing at the end of the aisle today with me, waiting for the entrance of my beautiful wife." He patted Kyle on the back. "And you scrub up pretty well." He laughed. "Tilly. When I entered your life five years ago, I bet you couldn't have imagined me marrying your sister. You rolled your eyes at the sight of me, and I knew from then we'd become the best of friends. You've been there for Eleanor over the past few months, and I don't think there was anyone more obvious to have been her maid of honour. I must say, you and all of the other bridesmaids look absolutely beautiful."

The speeches continued for the next half an hour or so; we laughed, we cried, and I never wanted this day to end. I was officially married to my best friend in the world.

It wasn't long before the music started, and the party was all go. Champagne was flowing, and I was on the verge of feeling tipsy. We still had the first dance coming up, and I was extremely nervous. John was used to performing in front of large crowds; he did it multiple times a week, but I didn't lack the same confidence.

"Could the bride and groom make their way to the dance floor." The DJ requested. I felt my hands begin to shake as John and I made ourselves centre stage. John could see the worry in my eyes and took my hands, whispering "I'm here" in reassurance. I had planned the majority of the wedding, but there was one thing that John had requested to do.

The first dance song.

Up until this very moment, I had no idea what song he had chosen, so when the music started to play, I felt the tears pool in my eyes.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight,
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry.

We moved to the beat of the music as we held one another, sharing our first dance as a married couple.

'Cause you'll be in my heart
Yes, you'll be in my heart
From this day on
Now and forever more

You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart always.

The song came to an end and I looked up at John. His eyes looked similar to mine; full of tears. He leant down and kissed me once more, brushing his hand across my cheek and wiping away a stray tear that had fallen from my eyes.

"Tarzan." I smiled.

"The first film we watched together. Five years and four months ago." He remembered proudly. "I've always known - that was going to be our first dance."

How did I get so lucky?

I don't like this one but I got this request sooo long ago and felt bad for not having it posted earlier! Quite short too but I'm trying to write whilst watching the game! Hope you enjoy!