#30 Strong

Request.

"Bye babe!" John called up the stairs before he left the house for training. Molly called back a muffled response, laying her head back down on her pillow and groaning. Picking up her phone, she opened Instagram and looked at her most recent post.

mollymaestones so blessed to have these beautiful babies in my life, thank you @/johnstonesofficial for giving me the greatest present of all

mollymaestones
so blessed to have these beautiful babies in my life, thank you @/johnstonesofficial for giving me the greatest present of all.

Molly had given birth not even four weeks ago, and John had to return to training already. Tears springing to her eyes, she dropped her phone into her lap, admitting defeat. She was struggling already; she needed John here.

Throwing her legs out of bed, Molly pulled on a hoodie and made her way downstairs, picking up the baby monitor on her way. Sitting down at the island in the kitchen, she picked up an apple and took a bite from it. Gagging, she dropped the apple onto the table and groaned to herself. She didn't think it would be like this.

Making her way back up to their bedroom, she sat down on the edge of the bed and watched over the two Moses baskets beside her. Dropping her head into her hands, she burst into tears. Why did she feel like this? She'd spent the last few years longing to be a mum, and now she had two beautiful babies, all she could think was how she wanted her life to go back to normal.

Picking up her phone, she dialled Annie's number. "Hi, Ann." She sniffed when her friend picked up. "Are you busy? Can you come over?"

"Course I can, hun." She said. "I'll be there in 10."

It wasn't long before the door bell was ringing, and Molly rushed to answer the door. Pulling it open, Annie threw her arms around Molly, pulling her in for a hug. "What's happened?"

"I can't do it." Molly sniffed. "I feel so helpless, I need John here with me."

"Hey, come on. Let's go inside and I'll make you a cuppa and we can chat." The pair made their way into the house, sitting down together in the lounge where Annie listened to Molly cry.

"I thought I'd love being a mum but I can't do it. I feel so helpless. I don't feel like I've bonded with them. John is so good with them and I feel completely rubbish. I need him here with me; I thought I'd be okay with him going back so soon but I can't cope and I don't know how I can tell him I need him. He's going to think I'm pathetic. I'm so tired. I'm not sleeping. The thought of food makes me feel physically sick. It's been a week and I already can't cope without him."

"He's not going to think any less of you." Annie said, taking a hold of Molly's hand. "He loves you more than anything in this world and if he knew you felt like this and hadn't spoken to him, he'd be so upset."

"I just feel so pathetic."

"Don't you dare speak like that. Anyone can see you love those babies with all your heart - and you've got it twice as hard. You've got two at once!"

Molly couldn't stop crying. Her breath started to catch in her throat, her hands beginning to shake.

"Molly, look at me." Annie said sternly, knowing her friend was about to have a panic attack. "Breathe with me, 1, 2, 3, in, out..." Molly shook her head, starting to panic as she lost her breath. "Molly, listen to me. You are going to be okay. Breathe, in, and out, in and out!" It took a few moments, but Molly was able to get her breathing under control. "Come on, Mols."

"I'm sorry." She sobbed, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry for anything. I'm glad you could come to me for help. Let's get you some water and you get into bed. I'll stay here - I'll do some housework and I'll listen out for the babies. You get some rest." Annie told her.

"Thank you so much." Molly whispered, wiping her eyes. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'd do just fine." Annie chuckled. "You're a strong girl. Go and get into bed."

"Thanks, Ann."

Molly hugged her friend and made her way back up to the bedroom. The twins were still sleeping peacefully - thank god. Climbing under the sheet, Molly closed her eyes, and it wasn't long before she drifted into a deep sleep.

"Mols." John whispered, stroking his wife's cheek gently. "Mols, wake up baby." Molly opened her eyes - they still stung from her meltdown earlier. "Hey, I'm here now." He said as she started to tear up again. "Annie called Kyle. Pep let me come home."

"I'm sorry." She whispered, holding onto John's jumper, pulling him as close as she physically could. "I'm so sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He asked, stroking her hair.

"I feel like a complete failure." She admitted.

"Stop." He said, "You are not a failure. You grew these beautiful babies for nine months, and my god, you gave birth to two six pound babies with just gas and air. You wake up at silly o'clock in the morning to feed those babies and you're looking after them day in and day out whilst I'm at training. You are the strongest person I know and I'm so proud of you."

"John-"

"Molly." He frowned. "Please, if you are ever feeling like this again, then you tell me. Don't hide stuff from me. I married you for a reason. I love you more than anything."

"I love you so much." She smiled through her tears. "I think I'm going to call my mum and see if she can come and stay for a few weeks to help out and stuff."

"I've ended the season early." John said.

"John, no-"

"Molly. I've ended the season early. I am staying here to help you. They are my babies too and I was selfish to go back to work so early."

"Stop."

"Molly, my decision is final." He smirked at her, knowing she'd keep arguing but there was nothing she could do. "Now, I'm gonna go and have a shower. If the babies wake up, call me." He pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "I love you."

I promise I am working my way through the requests - I've started them all I've just got awful writers block! I finish college in a week so I'll have a lot more time to write!