#13 Headache [Part 2]

This is the shortest piece of writing ever but I wanted it to be uploaded separately to the last one shot! Enjoy!

OCTOBER 2021
Jess and I had made the agreement that if the baby was a girl, she could name her, and if the baby was a boy, I could name him. Here we were, sat in the hospital ward, admiring our new born baby boy. I was already so in love, and couldn't believe we were finally parents. I'd spent the past two hours trying to decide on a name, and I think I'd finally decided on the perfect one.

Hayley, the midwife walked into the room to check on Jess and the baby, and asked, for what felt like the millionth time if we had a name for baby yet. Jess was about to answer, when I looked at her and nodded. "You've finally decided?" Jess chuckled, looking down at the baby laying across her lap. I looked down at him and smiled to myself.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I think you'll like it."

"Come on then." Hayley beamed. "Hit us with it. What's his name?"

I scooped the tiny baby up from Jessica's lap and looked down at him. "Meet Tommy."

Jess' hand shot to cover her mouth and she burst into tears. I placed Tommy down into his crib and she took hold of my hand, pulling me towards her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"Tommy Stones." Hayley smiled. "I like it." When she noticed Jess was getting emotional again, she excused herself from the room and left the three of us alone. Jess cried into my shoulder as we embraced, and I felt her start to physically shake. I pulled back from her concerned, and she grabbed a hold of my t-shirt and pulled me towards her, kissing me. It was something she always did when she wanted me to kiss her, and it made me smile.

"Do you like it?" I asked, worried I'd upset her.

"I love it." She nodded.

That evening, I made the announcement on my Instagram page that Jess had given birth to our baby boy. 'Welcome to the world, Tommy James Stones! Named after someone very special in your mum's life. If you grow up to be half the man he was, it'll make me the proudest dad alive.'