#21 Betrayal (Part 1)

I'm going to be uploading some shorter chapters as part of a mini-fic. I haven't decided how many chapters there will be yet but I have a little story line in mind! I hope you enjoy!

"I love you." I smiled, pecking him on the lips and ruffling his hair as he turned away from me. I felt the sad sinking feeling in my chest, knowing that he was going away again. But this was nothing; we'd been apart for the first year of our relationship when he got sent on loan from Manchester City, and we survived. Three days was nothing.

"I love you too." He replied, "Now get on with some work. I'll call you when we land." The boys were travelling to Germany for their Champions League game against Schalke, and I was gutted that I couldn't go with them: I had to stay in Manchester and lead the photo shoot for the Women's team tomorrow afternoon.

"Have a safe flight." I said, kissing him once more. He smiled at me before picking up his suitcase and leaving my office. I sighed to myself. It was only three days. I sat back down at my computer and continued scrolling through the photos I had taken this morning. They were ready to be uploaded to Instagram, and as I opened my emails to send them over to the Social Media team, my door opened.

"Just thought I'd come and say goodbye to my favourite." John smirked, dropping his bag down on the floor. I rolled my eyes, smirking as I stood up from behind my desk. He engulfed me in a hug, holding me tightly. "Have you said goodbye to him yet?" He asked. I nodded. "Wow, and you're not crying?! Ladies and gents, she's only gone and grown a pair!" I shoved him gently, rolling my eyes once more and returning to my desk.

"It's only three days." I said, although I think I was trying to reassure myself rather than telling John. "Three days."

"And as usual you'll be on FaceTime to him all day, every day." He chuckled. "You make me sick sometimes."

"Remind me why you're single?" I joked.

"Because you're too loved up with that soppy git." He teased.

"And that's how it's gonna stay, Stones. Don't you have a plane to catch?" I gestured for him to leave my office, not wanting to entertain him any longer. He sighed, picking up his bag from the floor and throwing it over his shoulder.

"See you in a few days, Pops."

"See you later." I said, not looking up from my computer as I began my email. He pulled the door closed behind him and I sat back in my chair, staring at him as he walked down the corridor. I dropped my head into my hands, frustrated that I was letting him get into my head, again.

John and I had always had a weird friendship. I'd only ever been in a relationship since knowing John, but that didn't stop him trying his luck. There was no kidding that he was a good looking guy, and my god he had the most charming smile, but I had a boyfriend, and anything that he ever thought was going to happen between us was certainly not going to. I slammed my hands down on my desk and stood up, walking out of my office and down towards the canteen.

I needed a coffee.

Who do you all think Poppy's boyfriend is? Leave your guesses in the comments! 👇🏼