3.

The hat went silent after exclaiming her desired house, and Sophia couldn't help but smile. She could see Harry, Hermione and Professor McGonagall were also delighted at the house choice. Sophia noticed that the gold and red colour began to subtly litter her uniform, marking her as a true Gryffindor.

"Excellent Miss. Lupin, your father shall be very pleased," Professor McGonagall stated with a gleaming smile, before turning to the only boy standing in the group. "Now Potter- "

Sophia waited patiently for McGonagall to ask if Harry was okay after his Dementor encounter, before ushering Hermione away to talk with her in private. Harry and Sophia decided to leave towards the Great Hall that was previously mentioned and entered in a small discussion on their short walk.

"My dad was actually quite good friends with your dad at Hogwarts Harry," Sophia informed, making Harry's head snap towards her. She suspected that Harry had little family left after the loss of his parents, and barely any people who personally knew his parents during their time alive.

"Really? Has he mentioned my dad much?" Harry inquired, and Sophia nodded. She began to tell him a brief version of their mischievous adventures while at Hogwarts but refrained from spilling too much. It wasn't really her stories to tell, but Harry seemed very satisfied with the stories she did tell. Sophia hoped this would brew a close friendship between the two, as she sympathised with the quiet boy.

The two soon entered a huge hall where four long tables stretched across the floor. Another table was placed horizontally at the front of the hall, where a handful of presumed teachers sat. Sophia noticed her father sitting near the end of the table between a seemingly large bearded man and a curly-haired woman who had traces of dirt across her clothes and skin. The hall was indeed great, with candles floating in the air and an enchanted ceiling which displayed a night sky that Sophia adored immediately. Students crowded the tables, all separated by the colours that were displayed on their uniforms. Harry led Sophia to a particular table where all the students wore the same gold and red colours, leading Sophia to believe that this whole table were Gryffindors.

"Did we miss the sorting?" Harry asked Ron as he sat next to the familiar redhead. Sophia decided to sit opposite the two boys, leaving space for Hermione. With that thought, the bushy-haired girl popped out of nowhere and took the seat next to Sophia. Ron looked relieved to see his friends again, and even more pleased to see Sophia wearing the familiar red and gold.

"Yeah, and that blasted school song," Ron exclaimed. "Nice one on getting in Gryffindor Soph, we are the best after all."

Sophia chuckled lightly, before the trio began to engage in a conversation. Sophia took the time to look around the Great Hall once more, seeing the high stained-glass windows and looking towards her father again who had seemingly noticed her arrival. The two locked eyes, and Remus motioned towards the now red and gold colours that littered her uniform in great delight. She gave him a bright smile and nod, receiving two jolly thumbs up from her father. Remus's eyes suddenly looked past Sophia for a moment, being returning to her and motioning his head to something behind her.

Confused, Sophia turned her head round to look down the long table. She met eyes with the same tall redhead who she had bumped into when boarding the train, as he sat next to his twin brother who was busy talking to the dark-skinned boy opposite him. The boy gave her a warm smile when he noticed she had seen him, before turning to the conversation next to him with his brother and their friend. Sophia smiled back in return and turned back to her father who had watched the wordless conversation, seeing that he had raised his eyebrows in a knowing way. The girl rolled her eyes before turning to see that a man in light blue robes and with a long white beard stood to the podium that was placed in front of the teacher's table.