4.

The next morning, Sophia was woken up by Hermione who frantically ushered her to get dressed into her uniform. It was a surprisingly warm day outside, judging by the light breeze and bright blue sky that Sophia saw when looking out the window. She pulled on her skirt, button-up top and long-sleeved jumper before heading down to the common room with Hermione. The two walked through the many hallways that Sophia attempted to remember for future reference when Hermione wasn't around to guide her. They soon came to the familiar Great Hall and ventured to the Gryffindor table where Harry and Ron were sat eating a mighty breakfast that was covering the length of the long table.

"Morning guys," Sophia said as she sat down on the bench beside Hermione. The two boys greeted her as Ron especially stuffed his face with strips of bacon. Hermione pulled a face of disgust with Ron's poor manners, before beginning to fill her bowl with porridge. Sophia settled on some cereal and found herself looking up towards the teacher's table to spot her father.

Remus was sitting again between Rubeus Hagrid and the curly-haired teacher who Sophia learnt was Professor Sprout. She noticed the jolly conversation that was going on between Hagrid and her father, reassuring her that he had startled to settle in with the other teachers at Hogwarts.

"G' morning Sophia," two voices simultaneously pulled her attention from the teacher's table and settled on the Weasley twins, who had sat beside her in their untidy robes.

"Good morning. Were you guys in a hurry or something?" Sophia asked at the sight of their untucked shirts and rolled up sleeves of their jumpers. The two boys turned to look at each other before turning back to the girl with looks of amusement.

"No?" Fred replied in a sort of question. Sophia rolled her eyes with a small smile on her face, before turning back to her cereal. She had noticed the very minor details that allowed her to identify which twin was which. The most distinctive one being the shape of their eyes, as George had a more hooded and slanting eye shape compared to Fred's wide oval ones. But other than that, there was little different about the two.

Professor McGonagall soon came around to the Gryffindor table with the student's timetables, handing them out individually. Sophia saw that she had Care for Magical Creatures with Hagrid first up, which she shared with the trio who sat at the table with her. She was glad that most of the people she did know would mostly be in the same classes as her until they would be able to start picking and dropping certain classes in later years.

"So Sophia, do you think you'll try out for the Quidditch team this year?" George asked from next to his brother. Sophia immediately shook her head with a small laugh.

"Oh definitely not, I'm not good on a broom," she confessed to the twins. "I hated it when they forced us to experience flying at Beauxbatons. I prefer the ground."

"But you'll come watch our practices and games, right? We're Beaters for the Gryffindor team," Fred and his brother looked proud at this confession. "And Harry here is a great Seeker."

Sophia couldn't help but ponder the idea of the Weasley twins being Beaters. In order to even be considered for the position, you had to have immense arm strength in order to hit the vicious bludgers that weaved through the game. Sophia suddenly had an interest in the sport, and she was sure it had nothing to do with the fact that the redhead next to her had asked her to watch their practices.

"Sure, I'll come watch," she nodded with a sweet smile, making the boy beside her light up like a Christmas tree. What Sophia didn't know was that Fred's stomach was now swimming with butterflies, and he was now looking forward to practice tonight despite Oliver Wood's tendency to go mad when it came to practice.

"Great! Our first practice is tonight, Granger can show you the way," Fred informed before standing to his feet to head off to class with George. "See you later Soph."