20.

"So.... the Quidditch World Cup?" Sophia awkwardly repeated. She couldn't believe what nearly just happened. Fred was most definitely going to kiss her right in the middle of the celebrations that the Gryffindors were having on the Quidditch pitch, and couldn't help but despise Ron for interrupting them. She was itching to take it upon herself to leap forward and connect her own lips with Fred's, but saw that he was unbelievably embarrassed with the moment now being gone.

"Y-Yeah," the boy cleared his voice that cracked ever so slightly. "Dad got some well good tickets for the match between Bulgaria and Ireland. Hermione and Harry are coming too, and I was gonna ask you to come as well."

Fred was fuming inside. He was ready to tackle Ron to the floor and start beating him with his bludger's bat. He was so close. He had just gained the courage to finally kiss Sophia only to have it completely ruined by his poor excuse for a brother. Fred made a mental note to place all his remaining Zonko fireworks under Ron's bed when they got home to The Burrow. He felt that he couldn't just grab her now and finish what he was set to do, as they now were on to a new subject and Sophia looked to be as embarrassed as he was at this point.

"I'd love to come," she answered and offered him a smile, hoping to ease him from his obvious nerves. "I'll have to talk to my dad first, but it should be fine."

"Cool," Fred said as he began to toss his bat back and forth between his hands. "Look I'll be right back okay? I've got some important business to discuss with Ickle-Ron."

And with that, Fred began sprinting across the pitch towards Ron who struggled to run because of his leg injury.

---

A couple of months later, Sophia received a letter from a grave looking owl that first smacked itself into the window frame of her father's kitchen. The house was as unstable looking as it is, and the owl that flew into a portion of it made Sophia fear for the house's life. But the owl stood to it's feet and gave her a stern look through it's old and misty eyes. She had been receiving numerous letters from this particular owl, as Fred and her had been writing to each other all through the Summer. She was always ready to hear how The Burrow was going, and what the Weasleys were up to during the holidays. She herself hadn't been doing much, but it was always fun to hear about how many times Ron had been bitten by the Gnomes in the garden or how Fred's mum reacted to having the twins' retched magic sweets everywhere.

Sophia took the letter from the owl and it sat there for second, thinking of whether to drop dead there or fly back to The Burrow. She opened up the envelope and a small note was written on the parchment.

'Get your dad to use the Floo Network with you to The Burrow for two o'clock. Beware of my mum as she's ready to have us marry as soon as you get here

-Fred AKA your soon-to-be-Husband apparently'.

Sophia laughed to herself and found herself not being able to wait two more hours to go to where The Weasleys live. She had heard many stories and wanted so badly to experience the chaotic life that the redhead family lived. Not that the life she lived now with her father was bad, but he was barely home these days. He had been searching high and low for a new job, and would be able to hold one until his employer would find out about his Lycanthropy and fire him immediately. Luckily, the old house they lived in was left to Remus by his ancestors so they wouldn't be losing it to anyone. The water and limited electricity they had was based from the magic Remus performed for the two of them, but their groceries relied on income. But that was a dark topic that Sophia or Remus didn't like to think about.

Ignoring her growling stomach, Sophia eyed her trunk and possessions she was taking with her as they sat in the living room. They were packed and ready to go, and would only have to call for her father who was upstairs. He was actually home for the day for once, which meant he would be momentarily arriving at The Burrow too.