55.

When Remus had heard the news, he had never apparated fast. He had just spent the night in his house in his wolf form, curled up on the floor of his bedroom after taking the potion he had learnt to make from his daughter. But when his fireplace had suddenly lit up with Sirius Black's face, Remus was in a state of panic as he dressed himself and headed out the door of the house. The event was familiar to him and he had to remind himself where he was and where he was going. It was like the dreaded memory of when he had learnt Hazel had been torn apart by the Death Eater he feared most besides the Darkest Lord of them all. He had rushed out of the house much the same as now, only it was the house of Lily and James Potter. Remus had given his only child to the couple who also had baby Harry at the time, before rushing away to accompany the other Order members that were rushing to the scene. It was a big risk to leave Sophia with the couple that were in danger of the spoken prophecy but he was so boggled by the news of his wife's death that he didn't care. And finding Hazel there on the Muggle street almost unrecognisable nearly drove him mad. It was only the thought of baby Sophia being at the Potters' house that had stopped him from slipping into a finalising breakdown.

Arriving at Grimmauld Place was surreal. Remus entered into the hallway to see Sirius standing in the doorway of what was the living room, the two meeting halfway in a quiet discussion.

"Where is she?" Remus immediately asked.

"She's fine, she's in there," Sirius motioned his head to the room behind him.

"And Harry?"

"Arrived just now."

"What did Albus say?" Remus asked again, basically itching to push past his best friend and rush into the living room to see his daughter for himself.

"Haven't heard from him yet. But we should have a meeting soon," Sirius explained.

"I don't think they'll want one so close to Christmas," Remus doubted.

"Well that's tough. This could be it," Sirius shrugged his shoulders with a stern look. The door behind them opened and closed once again, making the two friends turn to see Molly Weasley step into the hallway. The woman's face had a grey tinge to it and was sunken into a look of despair, sniffling once into a well used handkerchief that was in her hand. The two men sympathetically parted for her to venture further into the hallway, only giving them a nod on her way to the living room where she knew her children were safe and sound. Remus and Sirius followed after her and were greeted with the sight of the furniture all being occupied by sleeping Hogwarts students.

Ron was sitting on one sofa with his face in his hands, quiet in his light state of sleep. Ginny occupied the armchair curled up in an uncomfortable looking position and George was sitting nearby on the long sofa. Harry sat next to the first twin as the only one awake, staring aimlessly at the wall opposite him. The last sofa was occupied by both Fred and Sophia who were laying on top of each other in the deepest of sleeps out of everyone. Fred laid as a second mattress for Sophia as she lay comfortably on top of him, the side of her cheek smooshed against his dressing gown.

Harry noticed the entrance of the three adults and stood up from his seat, walking over to Molly Weasley who welcomed him in a motherly hug. The woman appreciated the boy and forced a sad smile on to her old face.

"Thank you Harry... you saved him," Molly's voice cracked slightly and she cupped Harry's slim face in her palms. Harry gave her an appreciative smile and turned to look at Sirius who was leaning once again against the door frame with Remus standing next to him. Harry noticed how dishevelled Remus looked with dark bags under his tired eyes and his lank hair even sported a few grey strands.

At the sound of Mrs Weasley's voice, the remainder of the children woke up one after another. Ginny was the first to stand and embrace her mother, asking quickly about the situation of their Father. Harry stood back for a moment to let the Weasleys' embrace their uninjured parent, watching as Sophia too distanced herself from the family. Remus smiled lightly when he met eyes with her, walking forward to hug her small frame. Harry couldn't help but feel a slight stabbing pain inside him at the sight of the two families embracing each other at such a time, feeling himself suddenly getting angry again. He looked away from them to the floor only to meet eyes with his godfather who watched him from a far, motioning his head out of the room and into the hallway. The two left and decided to have their discussion privately.