61.

Sophia had made it to Umbridge's office expecting to see Ron, Hermione and Harry still there, but was only greeted by the unconscious bodies of Malfoy, Goyle, Crabbe, Pansy Parkinson and Graham Montegue. They were dispersed all over the floor of Umbridge's pink office, putting Sophia in the deepest of confusions. She shrugged it off after the urgency returned for her to contact someone from the Order and she rushed over to the fireplace that sat warmly under the rows and rows of plates that showed adorable little kittens on them. She found a pot of Floo Powder sitting on the mantel piece and took a handful to throw into the fire. She crouched on to her knees and stuck her head into the fireplace, announcing the address of her house where she hoped her Father would be. Sophia held her breath as she threw the powder and felt the familiar feeling of being pulled in all directions. Only she felt this in her head, as her body stayed in the office on her knees.

She was met with the dusty and shabby looking living room she knew well, recognizing it as the house she grew up in with her father. The windows of the house were shut giving the room a much more musty and dark sense, worrying Sophia that maybe her father wasn't home.

"Dad?" she called out from the fireplace. Her heart nearly dropped into her stomach when she heard silence but it was quickly restored when she heard footsteps coming from the right of the living room, where the stairs leading to the next floor sat. "Dad?!"

"Sophia?" Remus appeared from the side with an astonished look, not expecting to see his daughter's head in his fireplace. "What are you doing here? Well, what is your head doing here?"

"Where's Sirius? Is he at home?" she questioned immediately as the man crouched down to peer at her face in the flames.

"I-I don't know, I haven't seen him since yesterday," Remus answered with a small shrug. "Why? What's happened? Where are you? Have the Ministry found out where Grimmauld Place is?"

"No," she shook her head. "I'm in Umbridge's office. Harry thinks he's seen Sirius being tortured by You Know Who in a place he's been seeing in his dreams. I don't know where they are but I went to look at my map a-and... Dad I think Sirius is going to be killed."

Remus went quiet for a moment and gulped nervously. He wasn't sure what to do first. He needed to check is Sirius was indeed away from his house, but he also needed to alert the Order. He also felt the need to take Sophia away from Hogwarts so that she can be protected while he does these errands. Hogwarts wasn't safe while under the Ministry's control and it certainly wasn't safe for Sophia to be contacting him through Umbridge's fireplace.

"Go outside of the Hogwarts barrier," Remus instructed after a short while.

"What barrier? Where's that?"

"It's a hidden barrier to keep anyone from just walking into the school. It should end somewhere in the Forbidden Forest," Remus explained quickly. "Go there and I'll come find you. I can't apparate any closer to the school so get as far into the forest as you can."

"Okay, but what are you going to do?" Sophia asked worriedly.

"I'm going to check Grimmauld Place and see if Sirius is there." Remus stood to his full height. "I should be able to meet you by the time you get into the forest. Go now, and don't let Umbridge see you."

And with that, Sophia pulled her head out of the fireplace and found herself back in Umbridge's sickly sweet office. It was disorientating to suddenly come back into a room so different from the one you were just in and Sophia tried to get to her feet while ignoring the dizzy feeling in her head. Eventually stumbling over the bodies of the Inquisitive Squad and out the door, Sophia sprinted out of the classroom and towards the Entrance Hall where she could get to the Forbidden Forest. She found it odd that she didn't even need to hide from Umbridge during her pursuit as the woman was nowhere to be seen. A few students were littering the halls but overall, it was quiet as she hurriedly made it outside of the castle.