39.

"Sorry to interrupt your deep thinking session," the man chuckled slightly. "I was hoping to see Sophia with you if I'm brutally honest."

"O-Oh um about her-" Fred went to speak but was cut off by the sound of Dumbledore's voice booming through the air once again.

"Miss Fleur Delacour shall be forfeiting the last task of tournament," he said and the crowd of Beauxbatons burst out into tears as their last hope of winning the Tri-Wizard cup was gone. Fleur had several harsh gashes on her whole body and had glazed look in her eyes, looking somewhat different from when she first entered the maze. She was comforted by her fellow students, disappearing amongst the crowd of blue uniforms.

"Oh most unfortunate," Remus exclaimed. "The French never really were that great at tournaments."

Fred gulped as Remus turned to him again with a friendly smile, urging him to finish what he had begun to say before being interrupted by Professor Dumbledore. He did one last glance around in hopes that Sophia will appear and save him from this confrontation, and turned back to Remus with no such luck.

"S-She... She's missing," Fred mustered. The lined face of the man dropped considerably, looking confused as well as suspicious at the redheaded boy.

"What do you mean she's missing?" he questioned, the slightest bit of patronisation in his tone.

"W-Well um..." Fred scratched the back of his neck and wished that Remus had gone to Hermione first to ask about his Daughter instead of him. "No one's seen her since last night."

"Where was she last seen? Why isn't Dumbledore starting a search party for her?" Remus immediately burst into a state of questions and worried looks, appearing much older than what he was a few moments ago. "Where is my daughter Fred?"

Before Fred could utter a hasty response, a loud pop echoed throughout the stands and cheers suddenly erupted once again. Fred and Remus turned their heads to see the back of Harry's figure hunched over something with the Tri-Wizard cup next to him, only he was visibly distressed. People started to rush down from the stands to surround Harry who was now deemed the winner of the Tri-Wizard tournament (Fred and Remus hadn't realised that Viktor Krum had also forfeited the task), only then to notice the thing he was hunched over was a body. Both Fred and Remus followed the crowd and the cheers stopped once they had seen that Harry was crying over Cedric Diggory's body. A scream came from Fleur Delacour as everyone realised that Cedric Diggory was dead, with Harry screaming the words,

"He's back! Voldemorts' back!" Professor Dumbledore got to his knees in front of Harry to face him head on. "Cedric asked me to bring his body back! I couldn't leave him, not there!"

His words had set everyone on edge and Dumbledore held Harry's face as he cried helplessly over Cedric's body. A voice suddenly was heard from the middle of the crowd, and a path was made for the small man that rushed forward screaming,

"Let me through! Let me through!"

Amos Diggory fell to his knees next to Harry, now weeping excessively over the boy's body. Cho Chang's own cries were heard from the crowd also, but nothing could overpower Amos's.

"That's my son!" he cried. "That's my boy!"

The multiple weeps and cries from people who knew and loved Cedric Diggory filled the air, the boy laying with his eyes staring lifelessly into the sky. Harry clutched with all his might on to Cedric's body with Professor Moody attempting to pull him from the scene. His cries of defiance broke through some of the sounds of despair, but Moody pulled him up anyway and held him up with his one arm. The Professor then began to pull him away from the scene and down a long looking corridor out of the stadium, going unnoticed only for a moment by everyone standing around Cedric's body.