CHAPTER 24 ♡♡

When Shawn and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary, things were still going on strong, I was comfortable with the relationship, whereas Shawn always tried spicing things up. I didn't mind so long as I didn't have to plan anything or go sky diving from a plane because diving from the  Orlando Towers was scary enough.

It evoked such a fear of heights in me in such a way that when someone picks me up or my feet leave the ground I start to hyperventilate. The good side is that therapy  worked and  I  had worked past my trauma and  even took drivers tests and got my first car,a MMercedes-Benz from the c-class series.

Driving  was a mission at the beginning  but I got used to it, so used to it  that I used to drive Shawn, Kyle, Jayden and I down to my parents  place  almost  every weekend.Neither party was against this.

With graduation being almost five months away, Shawn and I were having a bit of disagreements, because he was going to work in his family's business as their chief accountant,or financial advicer and their headquarters were in Cape Town. I wanted to work as an economist, the ultimate goal is to be a global economist, work for the UN as their economist but most of all I wanted to be close to my family.

It was both selfish and unreasonable  for Shawn to expect me to just pack up my life and  move across the country for him. And because of this we always argued whenever the  topic came up, like right now.

"I don't understand why you won't just look for a job in Capetown, I mean that trading company, what was it, Indigo trading has already offered you a job, you can come work for my family business, I don't understand why you are being difficult. "Shawn said frustrated

"I'm not being difficult , you know I've always wanted to work for a bank first because they deal with currency  my chances of learning a lot from them are  quite high  and with the experience  I had with the Milestone bank was amazing and they offered me a position as their economist, with very good salary and accommodation and car royalties, I want to work there Shawn. Please understand "I told him. This was the opportunity  I always wanted and for it to be presented to me on a silver platter.

"what about me Jane, what about our relationship, what will happen  to us"he asked and I rolled my eyes.

"babe, stop being dramatic, you're going to be in Capetown  not Glasgow  and even if you were in Glasgow, there's aeroplanes, you're not going to Be in another  galaxy. I'm not going to  follow a guy and be one of those girls that leave everything  behind ,then settle for the next best thing then later regret it. What do you think will happen to us then, I will resent you for making me choose between you and my lifelong dreams and goals. Then what? "I asked him because he had to understand that he had a lot to gain and I had everything to loose, Who knows if Milestone Bank would even consider me the second time around.

"so you want us to give the whole long distance  relationship thing a go"he said, it wasn't a question, he wasn't really  addressing  me he was trying to  figure out what he was getting himself  into.

"Shawn we've been together for 6years now, we've talked about this and we both knew it would always come to this, even though you always tried to convince me otherwise.we both knew what the future held.You know your mother hates me, I'm not her biggest fan either and your father is a jerk for no reason and even though your siblings love me I don't think that will guarantee me a position in your family business as you guy's economist, I won't do that to myself Shawn  not even for you, I'm  sorry "I told him packing away the plates of our very cold and long forgotten dinner

You're right Jane, I have to let you do what you want then when you're done and have it out of your  system, you can move to Cape Town and be with me. But remember this was your choice not mine, you made this decision  for yourself and not me. I think this is a bad idea "he said and I ignored him.