Chapter 10

Dylan

I angrily bash my shoulder against my bedroom door, desperate to find my mate and wondering why I decided to have a door that was werewolf proof.

I stop pushing the door as I feel a breeze against my skin and I realise I had been so focused on banging down my door to notice the open window.

I run and jump out the window shifting midjump into my magnificent pure black furred wolf.

I sniff the air to catch her scent and I manage to catch it strong nearby, I growl knowing that she must be hurt as she wouldn't still be close after she has had an hour to escape since I have been too stupid to contact the pack.

I follow her scent to the old wooden house, well play house, my father built me when I was about four.

I had completely forgot about it, I used to play with my beta and gamma here all the time.

I'm surprised it is still in decent condition.

I shift into my human form and open the door and my eyes fall on the curled up sleeping figure of my mate lying on the ground.

Traces of tears can be seen from her eyes.

I smile knowing she didn't run away although she did knee me and it was painful as it would be for any male werewolf or not.

I reach for a blanket and dust it off and lean close to her to hug her and she grabs me in her sleep and I cuddles into me, enjoying the warmth I provide her and I lean down and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead before succumbing to her unconscious wishes and I hold her small frame in my strong arms. She fits against me perfectly.

She'll someday understand why I have had to do these things to her. Why I almost put a tracking serum in her.