Chapter 44

Sasha

I pace back and forth in the bedroom as I watch the cars pull up to the mansion, all black SUVs that have attractive and well built males getting out. I'm not attracted to them, not when I have Dylan, wherever he is. The men are all intimidating and what's worse is I'm the one addressing them.

Yeah I'm not intimidated. Why, because I'm terrified. I'd be an idiot if I was not terrified of them.

They all look large and formidable and here I am with my small petite size being called an Alpha and asking them to join me in some sort of war.

I'm dead. The worst that could happen is that they refuse and I look like a joke, a nervous stuttering joke. If they refuse though then Dylan could be killed or all of us get killed. That's really really bad.

Okay now I'm seriously stressed. I'm seventeen. I'm a seventeen year old teenager who is supposed to be in school right now, not getting ready to lead a war. No seventeen year old girl should be stressing about forming alliances to form an army of werewolves to save her husband/mate.

"Don't worry, you'll do great," James tells me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Really? I don't think I will. I'm human and inexperienced. I'm not him and they are so intimidating. I don't think I'm ready. I'm so not ready."

"I'm sure you are ready and I know Dylan would agree."

"I miss Dylan," I whisper on the verge of crying again.

"I know you do but would he want you to be crying. He would want you to be strong."

"I know but it's just so hard. All I want is to hug and kiss him but he's not here, he's kidnapped and in danger and I, a seventeen year old girl, am about to go into a meeting with a group of men who are so much more experienced than I am and I don't know the first thing about anything. I'm going to make a fool out of myself the second I walk in there," I say.

"No you won't. If you aren't confident then at least pretend you are," he tells me.

I nod softly.

I sigh and walk out the room with James following behind me.

"Excuse me miss, can you tell me where the Alpha is?" A man asks me.

"I'm the Alpha," I say hoping I come off as slightly sure of myself.

"Nice joke pup but I don't like disrespect. Where is Alpha Dylan?" He asks as if he didn't know already and I clench my fists, trust me I'd like to know that as well but for him to have not even paid attention to the message it feels like an insult to me and Dylan.

"If I knew there wouldn't be a meeting right now and I'm not a pup! I'm the Alpha in his absence!" I tell the man who is much taller than me with anger in my mate, maybe there should be a warning about angering females who are missing their mate, we seem to be really on edge and emotional unstable.

"Tell me this is a joke," he sighs.

"Alpha Chase do stop disrespecting this pack's Alpha," James growls obviously not enjoying the disrespect I am being shown.

"Such a tiny thing can't possibly be an Alpha," he laughs.

"Chase you can't say such stuff to the Alpha. You know the situation. It was given to all of us on the phone. Pretending to be oblivious about the situation and talking about a she-wolf's absent mate will get you hurt," another alpha growls at him.

"If Dylan were here then you're right I wouldn't be Alpha. I would go back to being the Luna and right now I would quite frankly like that but the reality is that he has been kidnapped and I am now the Alpha and you will have to deal with that," I say.

"I like her," a blonde haired Alpha pipes up.

So at least someone is supportive, yay.

"Zack is everyone here?" I ask as he looks at the list.

"Yes."

"Good. Please follow me to the conference room so we can begin this meeting as soon as possible," I say and the Alphas follow me inside and we all end up sitting at a large round table and I re-explain the entire situation of him being kidnapped.

"So are any of you willing to form an alliance?" I ask praying I did not humiliate myself.

All of the Alphas including the seemingly sexist Chase raise their hands immediately.

"We will all join you Alpha Sasha but for that to happen we want the Lycan Kingdom Alliance to be reformed," Alpha Colby says.

"May I know why at least?"

"To ensure there are connections between our packs. So if such a situation arises again in one of our packs there will be assistance and having such an alliance will strength our inter-pack relations," he explains.

"I understand. Well then we'll reform the Lycan Kingdom Alliance. Which means no pack inside the alliance may attack another pack in the alliance without justified reason. There will also be meetings to discuss matters to prevent the alliance drifting too far apart," I declare.

~

I flop onto my bed with a long sigh. I'm totally exhausted after that meeting. Who knew that drafting the same treaty for an Alliance one hundred times for a whole ten hours could be so tiring.

The food they offered in the meeting was good at least but the smell of coffee was so strong and I accidentally took a mug of coffee instead of hot chocolate and I know some people love coffee and live on the caffeinated drink but it's too bitter for me and I can still taste it in my mouth.

I hear a knock on the door and I sigh as I drag myself out of bed to the door and I open it.

"Yes?" I ask rubbing my tired eyes and of all people I see Alpha Chase.

"Hi. I'm sorry for how I treated you this morning. I don't usually apologise to people but since we're in an alliance I thought why not I wouldn't want bad relations with your pack," he says.

"It's fine," I tell him.

"Have you ever been to a meeting?" He asks.

"No."

"Really? I thought Alpha Dylan would have brought his Luna and you handled yourself well," he says.

"I've known Dylan for a month and two or so weeks I guess but thank you," I say.

"I'll see you at the battle in two days," he says leaving and I close the door, get changed and fall back into bed snuggling into the covers which smell like him and I sniffle, trying not to cry.

In two days or so I'll be back in his arms.