Chapter 52

Sasha

I run through the trees in the night as I hear footsteps following after me, getting closer and closer with each step whilst I run with no idea where I plan on running to.

My breaths are getting heavy from the amount of exercise as my pursuer refuses to stop chasing after me and I don't like how he is gaining on me in the chase.

"You should give up, you can't outrun me," he calls out, confidently believing he will win, not that it is a race considering a race needs to have an end.

I roll my eyes and refuse to give up and surrender as that won't help me win or anything.

My takkies crunch on the fallen branches that cover the forest floor as I continue to dodge shadows that are lit up by the moon above the forest.

I suddenly feel arms wrap tightly around my waist and pull me back, so my back presses against a hard chest.

"Got you," Dylan exclaims victoriously.

"No you didn't," I protest struggling to get free.

"You know you are in my arms right? I am pretty sure that I have caught you," he says carrying me back to the base where everyone else is.

"You know when we sneak out of a ceremony because we are tired and want to go to sleep, it is best to just go to sleep instead of playing hide and seek," he says.

"But you have to admit it was much more fun than sitting through all those speeches especially since now they are all just toasting to nonsensical things. How did we even get alcohol here?!"

"I don't know but I'm happy you insisted on remaining entirely sober. I couldn't deal with you wanting me to swim to Antarctica," he says.

"I was on heat not drunk. I've never been drunk and I've never had alcohol and I don't plan on, not after what my parents were like when drinking," I say, whispering the last part under my breath.

"Don't think about that Sasha, okay? That's your past, it's time to think about the future and I'm thinking of maybe three or four little mini versions of us running around the pack house in our future," he says.

I giggle as I feel the mattress beneath me and Dylan grabs me from behind as I lie and he pulls me into his chest and his breath settles on my neck, tickling me.

Finally I get to be alone with him after so long and not have to worry about a battle taking place.

"Three or four?! Do you know how painful labour is?" I tell him.

"But don't you want-"

"Two max and not right now Dylan," I tell him.

"I know but there is nothing wrong imagining our future pups," he says.

His arms turn me to face him and I smile softly seeing him. He leans in to my neck and gently places soft kisses on my mark, making me feel rather relaxed and happy, letting out small sighs of delight.

I whine, annoyed, as he lifts his lips from my mark and I want him to go back to kissing it.

"Greedy little mate," he mutters before kissing my lips and pulling me closer to him and I don't put up even an ounce of resistance to him as my hands thread together around his neck, not wanting even the slightest miniscule bit of distance to be put between us.

His hands stroke gently against my back and I feel as if I am in heaven in his arms. I doubt anything can match this feeling even marshmallows and jelly tots.

I feel his hands graze gently over the skin of back, making sure not to touch me in any areas that I probably won't allow him to. My breath hitches slightly at his contact with my skin as tingles fly across my skin, making me gasp in surprise, and he sneakily goes on to deepen the kiss, his lips not leaving mine even once for breath.

His sweet lips distract me from his touch as he goes faster and I try my best to keep up with his lead until I am forced to untangle my hands and press them against his chest to separate us so I can breathe.

Fast and heavy breaths leave my lips after I finally, as unfortunate as it is, separate myself from him.

I look up at him and he seems slightly sad and not out of breath at all. How can he not be out of breath? Oh right he is a werewolf, lucky fish.

"Did you not like it Sasha?" He asks sadly and I feel guilty for making him feel that way.

"No Dylan. I-I just needed to breathe," I say not wanting him to think I did not like it when I loved it.

"So did you enjoy my kiss?" He asks.

"Of course I did, idiot," I giggle.

"Good- I am not an idiot," he exclaims.

"Yes you are for thinking that I did not enjoy your kisses," I tell him cuddling into him.

"You have no idea how amazing it is to finally hold you after what has felt like forever. They wanted to hurt you and-"

"I'm here now. You don't have to worry anymore," I tell him gently kissing his cheek to assure him.

"I know but I can't help but be afraid that you will not slip through my fingers in a brief moment," he says pressing his head into my neck rubbing his head against my mark to reassure himself.

"It's okay Dylan. Nothing will happen to me. If you want you can torture my brother again to reassure your-"

"But you don't like blood and I'll have to leave you and what if someone takes you when you're alone," he says full of vulnerability.

"Dylan I will be there with me, after what he did I can watch you torture him. You deserve to have as much closure as you need," I tell him stroking his hair to keep him calm.

"Sasha I'm sorry I was not with you. It was my fault for getting kidnapped and bringing him into our lives-"

"Dylan from my own experience I can tell you, you cannot control whether or not you get kidnapped," I tell him gazing into his beautiful eyes.

"But I'm an Alpha. I should have been stronger. How can I protect you and our future pups if I can't even protect myself? Is that why you don't want to have pups with me? Are you afraid for their safety?" He asks vulnerably.

"Dylan no! You can't be stronger than everyone and that is not why I am not having pups yet. If I didn't meet you I would likely someday get married to a human man. Now who would be able to protect me the best, you or the human man?" I ask.

"He wouldn't put you in danger with all his enemies," Dylan sighs.

"That's not the right answer. Dylan I love you and I trust you completely-"

"But I don't trust myself," he says.

"Dylan one little slip up does not mean you are incapable of having a family with me. I understand you are feeling really stressed out after all you have been through but I assure you that you don't have to be the strongest man to have a family with me. I think you're perfect just the way you are. Okay?" I tell him kissing his lips.

"But I want you to be safe-"

"Dylan I know we don't have the safest circumstances but I still trust you and love you. I doubt we'll ever be truly safe, so stop worrying. I don't care about whether or not you are the strongest male alive, even if it is a nice bonus that you are a stong and very attractive werewolf-"

"But-" he interrupts me.

"The only thing that matters is me and you. If we have a family, we try our best to protect it and it is not your fault that you have so many enemies and you should not let it get to you. It's okay to be cautious and have some doubts but it's not okay to ruin your entire life out of fear," I tell him.