Chapter 49

Sasha

I feel the wind blowing through my curls as I swing from the vines from tree to tree watching down as James runs on the ground below me in his large wolf form, plowing through enemies who stand in his way if I don't shoot them down.

It seems he was right to knock me out, that bit of sleep for the night did make me feel a lot better. I mean as a human I only have so much stamina before my battery dies and I resemble a walking zombie or I faint from exhaustion, so sleep had it's benefits.

We've also fallen into a routine over the past three days- well nights. When it gets too dark for me to continue he climbs into a tree and we eat together and then I take the sleeping pill to knock me out for a few hours and he watches. The reason I need a sleeping pill being the fact that I can't sleep when I am constantly worrying about Dylan and being afraid of my brother and not to mention all the stress piling up on my shoulders.

I have also felt some sort of feeling of despair flooding my senses over the past three or so days. The despair is not my own and I can only guess that it's Dylan's which kind of links to me being unable to sleep due to worrying about the afore mentioned mate of mine.

"Sasha!" James shifts and shouts, yeah he kind of can't talk as a wolf so he needs to shift to tell me anything that cannot be communicated with gestures.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Alpha Chase's division has broken through and entered the pack house," he says.

I stop in my tracks, my eyes wide.

"Dylan?" I ask only able to get his name out.

"They have not found him yet. They are still fighting inside the pack house. He is likely in the dungeon at the bottom so it will take time for them to reach him," he says.

"How far are we from the pack house?" I ask feeling some sort of excitement inside of me at the thought of nearing my mate.

"I'd say six hours considering we've been staying out of trouble and the pack has cleared the majority of the enemies in front of us," he says.

I immediately take off through the trees hoping to get to the pack house in under six hours.

"Sasha don't rush ahead. Wasting your energy is stupid. When we get to the pack house, which although I think we should not do not that you will agree at all, you will need your energy. Most of the forces are probably going to be going after you seeing as you will be the best for convincing the army to stand down. The queen is a very powerful piece in the game of chess, the same thing applies here because you are the Queen in this alliance," James says.

"I know, you just don't know what it's like to feel yourself torn apart inside without your mate. All I can do is worry about him and I can't help that I miss him so bad that it feels like knives are plunging into my heart from the pain of separation-"

"Don't go all romantic and cheesy on me Sasha. You can say all of this to Dylan later. I'm sure your romantic words will make him feel a lot better," he says.

"They have been hurting him a lot. I can feel it. It's like a sore tug on my heart every time. I don't know what they are using but I-I'm worried about him," I tell him

"Of course you are. He is your mate. At least know you know how he felt every time you were kidnapped," James says.

"I don't think me being kidnapped ended up with an all out Pack War. It never got to the point that an army was needed. I'm scared that when we find him that he'll be dead-"

"Have some faith in him, he's the Alpha King even if he does not rule over all the packs, it runs in his blood, he is strong. He'll be fine and I'm sure you won't be leaving his arms for a while once we find him," James says.

"Yeah I don't plan on letting him out my sight once I find him," I mutter.

"I am sure he will be happy to find out how possessive you have gotten over him," he laughs.

"I'm nowhere near as possessive as he is and I'm not possessive to begin with. I'm just worried about him. Besides I'm sure no one can compare to him when it comes to being possessive, he did try to inject me with a tracking serum once, if I remember correctly," I remind him.

"True, you two are perfect for each other-"

"I am not possessive," I remind him.

"No need to be shy about it, it's perfectly normal to be territorial over your mate. You two are going to look so cute with a whole lot of little Dashas running around," he says.

"Dasha? What is Dasha?"

"Dylan+Sasha of course. I would not be a proper Beta if I did not have a good ship name for the Alpha couple," he explains making my face go bright red, if he is thinking about me having children then is that what everyone else is thinking as well. I don't want to have people staring at me waiting for me to get pregnant.

"Don't stress about it. Looking flustered won't be good in front of the enemy and I think Dylan would prefer you hugging him rather than being too shy to go near him," James says.

I draw my arrow as I see an enemy wolf approaching and I fire the arrow which finds its target with precision. Honestly I don't know why I did not do archery at school, this is fun although now that I've been exposed to doing archery like this in the trees I guess doing it like a normal person will be rather boring.

I suddenly realise something, when Dylan finds out I joined the battle there is no way he is ever letting me leave the room again. Yeah I there is no doubt that he is the possessive one of us two.

....................
A/N
So Chapter 50 is next and I hope to make it quite a bit longer than usual, this book has now been on going for a little over a year so to make it this far is like a super big deal. Thank you all for dealing with the multiple cases of writer's block that I have suffered through.

I think many of you are probably relieved to find out that Sasha was indeed not kidnapped again.

Oh and our favourite ship will be seen soon enough for everyone who is anxiously waiting considering it's been like eight or nine chapters since they were last seen together.

I kind of want to get to 7k votes before publishing Chapter 50, but that goal is kind of unrealistic and I doubt I'll be cruel enough to wait that long.