Chapter 17

Sasha

I begin to retain consciousness, the rhythm of a beating heart other than my own can be heard in close proximity to me and I open my eyes to find myself with Dylan in a bed in a room I don't recognize, which would be the fourth or fifth room he has had me sleep in while I've been here, which is absurd. I know this place is big and I've only really seen it from one side but is it really that big that he could have more than four rooms unoccupied by other people.

I realize I'm not just in a bed with him but I am on his bare chest with his arms holding me tightly.

In the dim light of the moon which shines through a gap in the curtains I can see him and a bit of the area around me and I slip out his arms and immediately he begins to frantically and unconsciously search for me on the bed and he appears in distress, sweat quickly begins to cover his body and he screams in his sleep and I am frozen in shock by how terrible this looks.

I slowly, trembling, make my way back to him and run my hand along his cheek.

His eyes shoot open and he grabs me and pulls me back into the bed.

"Mine," he growls possessively as he holds me tightly, I feel a tear touch my skin from his eye as he sniffs my hair and smells me which appears to calm him slightly and he soon falls back to sleep, holding me tightly like a child holds a teddy bear.

I can't help but wonder what he dreamed about.

His eyes stay fixed in my mind, they were filled with so much emotion, he was distressed, afraid, maybe sad.

I rest my head against him, knowing that despite how terrible he is I should give him some comfort, I am tired right now anyway and he is rather warm.

I can go back to hating him and being logical in my decisions, such as not letting him steal my heart, in the morning.

I close my eyes and give in to his strong yet warm embrace and I let him hold me in his arms as I give back into sleep and I fall asleep in his arms.