Chapter 50

Sasha

I jump down from the tree as the pack house comes into sight and my first thought is that why is it called a pack house when all pack houses are clearly mansions and castles, not houses.

"You ready?" James asks me as we walk past the unconscious guards into the pack castle- I mean very large house.

I give a nod as I take two knives in my hands knowing the bow and arrow might not work if I am ambushed and need to quickly fight back.

"Now remember if Dylan asks... I did not agree to you joining this battle," James says.

"That's not true. I remember you saying how romantic it was that I was going to fight for him," I say rolling my eyes at the coward.

"Did I? I don't remember that. Yep never said that once," he says lying right through his teeth.

"Liar," I mutter walking inside.

I shudder looking around the mansion. It looks like some sort of vampire mansion in fictional movies and books and that sends a shiver down my spine, the blood from the injuries of our injuries does not do anything to make the place look more happy and lively.

"Can you smell Dylan?" I ask and he sniffs the air like a dog- or a wolf to catch a whiff of his scent.

"Yes but I think we should wait for the warriors to clear the area first-" he says and I roll my eyes wondering how stupid he is, I'm not waiting for someone to bring my mate to me.

Seeing where his head had been directed when he caught his scent I take off running in that direction and James ends up chasing after me.

There seems to be no guards in my way as I run down the steps that descend into something that I am sure is a dungeon.

"Let go!" I say softly trying to pull my wrist back as James grabs it.

"This could be a trap. There are no guards and do you think they will leave-"

I hear a scream filled with pain and agony and I feel a pained tug at my heart as pain ripples through my body and I cry as I sink to my knees feeling the pain. I know it's Dylan's pain. His scream made it clear.

"Sasha, come lets get out of here," James says picking me up.

"No. He's in pain. They are hurting him. I can't leave him not now, not while they are hurting him. I can't leave him," I whimper trembling from my pain.

"Sasha-"

"AAHHHHH!!!" I scream as the pain becomes even more unbearable. "Make it stop!"

I hear a loud growl echoing from a nearby cell as the cell door is practically bashed to the ground.

I feel warm arms around me and I lean in towards the source of warmth, trembling from my pain.

"Oh look Sashie has finally come to play with us," I hear the crazed laughter of my older brother from where the cell door was.

"Dare lay a hand on my mate and I will end you, brother-in law or not," I hear a familiar voice threaten, the voice sending vibrations rippling against my head as I am pressed up against the source of the voice.

"D-Dylan," I whisper softly in disbelief.

"We can have our romantic moment in a few seconds, I just need to get you out of here," he tells me gently as he pulls me closer to his chest.

"Mhmm," I sigh.

His chest is bare and riddled with healing scars and burns and I cannot help but feel my heart hurting. I should have acted faster. If I had had all my thoughts together and called a meeting sooner and arranged the attack sooner maybe he would not be in such a terrible state. It's all my fault for not doing anything sooner.