Chapter 45

Sasha

I open the cupboard in the basement that has all my weapons inside it and I begin strapping the weapons to a belt which is worn around my waist over my shorts and t-shirt.

I put on a pair of black leather gloves, some takkies, because as much as people think high heeled boots work in battle I don't think they do. If anything in my mind they are impractical.

"You ready Sasha?" Zack asks.

"I've got knives, arrows, my bow and some blow darts and a whip not to mention an earpiece with a tracker in it on, I'll be fine. Just tell me why u have to go as far as to have a whip with me I mean I've seen a show where a girl had a rather cool whip and used it as a weapon and I guess some sort of grappling hook at times but I am someone who fights long range," I say as he shifts and does not respond but instead rolls his eyes.

I climb on him and they all shift and begin moving in and I seriously feel like a warrior queen with an army of wolves.

"Remember to stay safe. If you're outnumbered call for help understand. In chess, the queen is the most powerful piece, you're leading this army right now and we'd prefer to end this fight with our Alpha and Alpha Female alive," James tells me still not having shifted.

"I'm aware but you can go over all of this again when we reach the base," I reply and he shifts and the warriors begin to move and I hold onto Zack's fur.

Wolf riding may appear to be like horseback riding at first glance but it is not. These wolves are tall but have different builds and are way faster, so instead of retaining the posture of a stick I lean down and hold on tight because I'd really like to survive the battle instead of dying or getting injured from falling off a wolf running at a very fast speed.

Another good reason to stay low is to prevent decapitation. Now I doubt many people would notice but when you want to prevent humans finding your place there are not many paths through the forest and as wolves they are agile so low branches can hit your neck very well if you are not careful.

I happen to work out rather quickly the above through having to duck at every tree branch, resulting in me just falling asleep on his fur.

Some wolfback riding practice, training or maybe a quick crash course would have been nice so I guess if I actually survive this ordeal I'll write a book on how to properly ride on a werewolf that is racing through the forest to prevent anyone losing their head or suffering concussions as a result of wolf riding accidents although to be honest I doubt anyone has ever riden a wolf unless you count a child riding their father's back and of course he'll be gentle because there is a child.

On the bright side I get a free ride. As a human I would be kilometres behind where we are right now and they would likely stay at my pace. It would be humiliating and riding on Zack's back at least makes me look somewhat fierce. I mean I am riding on a wolf, if anyone told me I would be doing any of this a little over a month ago I would have looked at the person who I would have believed to have been high on drugs and then proceed to tell them that werewolves weren't real and if they persisted I would have discreetly led them to a rehabilitation centre.

The above is slightly ironic considering how my parents were often drunk in sadness from losing Alex and I took their hits and insults because I believed I deserved it and still do considering it was my terrible choice of guys to be interested in that started the argument that killed him and ended up with us burying am empty casket. How was that fair on my parents and everyone else.

Okay I really need to stop thinking sad depressing thoughts. Alex is gone and I need to accept that. Dylan loves me regardless of my messed up past and won't leave me like everyone else. Well he won't leave me if this battle goes successfully which it will, it cannot fail and with that thought I fall asleep unable to resist the temptation to snuggle into the soft fur beneath me, even if Dylan has much softer fur.

They keep running in the direction of Alpha Darrens territory where our territory, Alpha Chase's territory and Alpha Darren's territory all meet. Since we believe Alpha Darren to be the kidnapper.

~

"Wake up Alpha Sasha."

I open my tired eyes to find practically all the Alphas watching me sleep on Zack's fur.

"Huh!?"

So if sleeping in front of all your allies who are wide awake and watching you either sleep like an angel or drool and snore like a normal person and whether or not you know which one you are/were doing is embarrassing then jolting awake from doing said action and tumbling off the wolf into the dirt is something that may lead to a permanent image and weapon of blackmail for them and your pack.

I know the above because I think I just saw a phone's camera's flash go off in my face and I see a grinning Alpha Chase.

"So I hope you're well rested Alpha Sasha," he says smirking in satisfaction.

"Delete that," I moan getting to my feet and dusting myself off.

"I don't know what you're talking about sweetheart," he says adopting a fake innocent smile.

"You're not angel. Stop smiling as if you are and delete the photo," I say.

"But if I'm not an angel and angels are supposed to do the right thing.... then nope. It'll go on my wall of embarrassing Alpha pictures and trust me yours will be the least embarrassing on there," he smirks and I see the other Alphas go red, practically hiding their faces.

So I'm guessing Chase enjoys enjoying other people's embarrassment? Oh joy because I'm the Queen of Clumsiness.

Yeah I won't be the least embarrassing photo on the board for long if he spends enough time near me.

"Now lets go over strategy again," Alpha Timothy says point to a map.

"Alpha Colby is on Sector A. Alpha Chase, Sector B. Alpha Eric is Sector C. My pack is Sector D. Alpha Sasha's pack led by James will follow behind being ready to provide reinforcement and catch and interrogate those who slip through the lines. Alpha Sasha since you're human we don't expect you to engage in active combat on the ground however seeing as you'll be trying to decrease the rogues attacking as well as Darren's pack try stay out of reach. You're more vulnerable to injury and we can't guarantee that if you get injured we will be able to assist you," Alpha Timothy says.

"I understand. I plan on doing long range shots from the trees since fighting occurs mainly in wolf form," I reply.

"Sounds good," Alpha Colby agrees.

A/N
So this book has been around for about a year now and I can say I am very proud. Thank you for all your support and this is the longest book I have ever written and the only one to pass 230K reads and over 6K votes and I still have never finished a book and I expect to get to a minimum of fifty chapters which is not too far away and later on I'll likely add in a few cute SashaxDylan moments because a separation of 5 chapters is longer than one thinks.

Do expect the possible return of Tarzara as Sasha was nicknamed way back in Chapter 4 by some of you. Yes authors actually read and enjoy your comments.