Chapter 16

Sasha

I lie in the bed, my eyes closed as I pretend to sleep with Dylan, the werewolf alpha, in the room. I don't want him to talk to me, to touch me or to even look at him or be near him but telling him that could result in him shouting at me and my nose actually being broken, the doctor told me I was lucky it missed my nose and his instincts made him go gentler on me because I'm his mate.

I don't want this life. I don't want to fear my husband. I want a man who doesn't kidnap me, who is a human, who loves me out of choice and works his way into my heart through kindness not locking me in rooms and forcing himself on me and trying to put tracking stuff in me.

Why does my life have to be so messed up.

"Sasha I know you're awake, I can hear you crying," his voice says, laced with sadness. Probably some tactic to make me feel sympathetic and develop feelings for him, give him a chance and then fall for him despite everything he has done.

This isn't some fairy tale. This is reality and I refuse to develop feelings for him. Not after what he has done.

He doesn't understand me, he doesn't understand my life. I could have run away from home to escape the pain and what felt like slavery but my parents would have despite their actions paid for me to go to university, something I wouldn't have been able to afford otherwise without a loan or something which I doubt I could have easily paid back. Scholarships were always a possibility but my parents told me it would be selfish to take it when they could benefit someone else. That is what they told me when they weren't drunk at least.

"Sasha, baby, I'm sorry for hurting you. I should have felt the rage inside of me and gone to let it out before coming to you but I just wanted to see you and having you trying to leave sent me over the edge. I'm sorry. I won't offer to do anything for your forgiveness because we both know what you will ask and it will be a no," he says.

"Then don't waste your time here, go away and leave me alone. You're a waste of space in here right now," I say not sparing the wolfman a single glance.

"Sasha I'm sorry that you were paired with the worst mate you could have gotten. I'm not a good man and I'll never deny that. With great power comes great responsibility is not true, with great power comes more power to hurt others. I'm sorry that I've ruined your life. I know I've been a jerk but...I wish it could have been different. I'll never wish for a better mate than you but I'll always regret what I've done to you and it hurts to know I could never rectify what I've done. I could never regret taking you away from that abusive home of yours," he says and I hear the door close.

Tears pour from my eyes and I bury my head in my pillow.

His honesty was so nice but he hurt me. I could never forget that. I never want to change for any man. Not again. He hurt me so badly yet I desire to have him break down my walls, one by one, to have them crumble down and to hold him- why am I now thinking like this.

My heart will soon become like putty in his hands and he'll mold it and set to his will before he smashes it to pieces. Like every man has.

I don't want to fall in love. Well I do, it's human nature to want someone to hold you and to kiss you gently and comfort you, but life is not a fairy tale, it never has been one amd it never will and I don't want to be a victim of that.