Chapter 31

Dylan

"There has to be a mole somewhere. I mean she got hurt when we were at our least prepared. As our Luna we can't continue to risk her safety," Zack says.

"They didn't know she was human, not at the beginning at least. All they knew was that I had a mate. Whoever is the mole doesn't know she is human. It could be one of the lower warriors, an omega or one of the she-wolves, a jealous one most likely. I've kept her away from them as a precaution so they probably don't know that she is human," I say.

"We can skip the investigation for now and ship her off somewhere where they wouldn't think to find her. Like Hawaii and I'll accompany her as her loyal and trusted bodyguard and surfing teacher," James suggests.

"You think you can separate me and my mate just so you can fulfil your dream of going to Hawaii. You're my Beta, don't know why exactly but you have the position if anything I'd send Zack because he'd actually go with the intention of protecting her and not tanning only I'd be left without my Gamma so the warriors would be less coordinated and I can't put that tracking serum in Sasha because she's injured and unconscious and would make me sleep on the floor or at worst in a dog house for the rest of my life if she ever found out, which means no sleeping with her in my arms," I sigh dejectedly.

"Well does she need to know about that if you put it in her? I mean can't you just keep it from her?" James asks.

"You don't understand what it's like having a mate. At first you can resist them a bit and then a few days in you can't lie to them. I mean if I look in her pretty eyes and I'll tell her whatever she wants and she doesn't even know it. Seriously I'm so happy she isn't a wolf or else she would have been brought up like us and be able to understand the kind of power she has over me," I sigh.

"Well you could just let Zack train her. The girl was good when running from us. She wasn't a good fighter but she was agile and smart enough to not get caught for a while," James suggests.

"Not happening. She could get hurt practising and in a fight it would be futile regardless. I don't want her wasting her time on something that won't help her when she really needs it against werewolves," I say shaking my head.

"So what is your plan lock her up in your room so no one ever sees her. Look she's going to want a little more freedom at some point. She's been injured so much that I doubt she even knows you're practically keeping her trapped in that room," James says.

"I'm not trapping her. I'm keeping her safe and she is doing fine with it. I'm not about to let someone just knock her out and take her while she walks around," I growl.

"You're seriously possessive but it's been a week of her being like this and that's a week closer to her heat so I guess it's understandable," Zack sighs.

"Her heat is going to come somewhere between two and three weeks from now. How could I not be stressing. My mate is unconscious and I have had no time to progress my relationship with her and she's not ready. What if she wakes up just before her heat starts. You're unmated. You won't go after her, right?" I ask panicking.

"Look she'll wake up-"

"I know I just want her. I want to have her and I can't. I can't hear her voice or feel her touch. Nothing. You have no idea how crazy it's driving me," I growl.

"Relax Alpha. The Luna is awake," the doctor says and I feel much more at ease.

"Can I see her?" I ask about to enter the room.

"If you be gentle with her," she says and I nod and I smile as I see my mate on the bed half sitting, half lying.

"Hey Sasha," I say softly and gently.

"Hi Dylan, I was worried about you," she whispers weakly with a slight smile.

"You're the one in the infirmary. I'm fine. Werewolf healing can be rather handy at times," I say.

"Yeah," she whispers.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"You're always protecting me and saving me and I'm always getting injured. W-why am I so helpless? I couldn't defend myself. I screamed and I tried to fight b-but I'm always so weak," she sobs.

"Sasha you're not weak. You're very strong-"

"Not physically," she says.

"No please don't cry," I say feeling rather helpless as she cries.

"Hey. Not every girl can run from a pack of werewolves and actually make it far without getting caught. You're strong. You are the most feisty girl I know. Before I met you girls went weak at the knees at the sight of me being an Alpha and all the girls wanted to be my Luna but then I found you and you gave me a challenge. You're stronger than any other girl here because of that independence you have. You escaped from me more than twice, that's something no one has done before," I say kissing her forehead.

"But I am not as st-"

"Sasha don't compare yourself to me. You have your strengths and I have mine. Look I could never draw as well as you. I sound like a dying donkey when I sing and I'm nowhere near as cute as you or prone to escaping," I say and she giggles.

"Sing for me," she laughs.

"No way. You may be my mate but I don't sing for anyone," I say.

"Well I probably won't sound any better than you," she says.

"Let me hear and I'll be the judge of that," I say.

"Nope. You wouldn't sing so I won't," she says.

"The wheels on the bus go roundd aand round theee wheeels on the bus go round and roouun-"

"Stop!" She exclaims laughing.

"Your turn," I say.

"Not happening. I'm injured remember," she says giving me those glossed over puppy dog eyes which water and make me feel so guilty.

"Fine. You win," I mutter and she kisses my lips softly and I feel my heart race. It's been an entire week without her.

"Hey when I get out of here can we have a drawing contest. I want to see how amazing your drawings are," she says fake innocence lacing through her sweet angelic voice.

"No. I've embarrassed myself enough," I shudder.

"Fine then. No more kisses and you'll sleep on the floor," she says crossing her arms.

"N-no I'd love to," I say and I know I am completely wrapped around her finger now. Is this why they say don't fall in love, if that is a saying which it should be, because I think I'm going to lose every battle to her and here she was crying about thinking she was weak.

Well I was rather mean to her at the beginning by kidnapping her.

Yeah I think I deserve this at least a bit.

A/N

Thank you all soo much for the support. I can't believe this book is doing so well.

Thanks for all your amazing comments and for voting and even just reading this to begin with.