Chapter 36

Unknown

"T-the plan failed. The rogues we hired failed and the human finished her second course of heat alive," a man reports kneeling in front of me.

"It failed," I growl angrily.

"Y-yes sir," he says.

"Yes sir. That's all you have to say for yourself? The weak little human can't defend herself. She is fragile and helpless and yet a group of werewolves, werewolves can't seem to do their jobs and just kill her or if not kill her at least keep her captive," I shout at him.

"No sir, well yes sir. The plan was being executed perfectly I assure you. He just overpowered the rogues and finished the process," he said.

"How many rogues were there?"

"Sir that does-"

"How many rogues were there?!"

"Two or three sir."

"Two or three. Two or three rogues against one of the strongest Alphas who would be already out of control from his instincts to protect and consummate with his mate! Tell me does it take a genius to figure out that two or three isn't enough!"

"N-no sir. T-there just were only that many volunteers for the mission-"

"I don't care! Next time threaten or force them to do it. Tell them I want a specific, special little human girl sitting in a bird cage soon and I don't care how they get her, but I want her. She's the only weakness of Alpha Dylan and once his pack falls then I will rule the majority of what was once the Lycan Kingdom, and the last wolf of the royal line will finally be gone," I said.

"O-of course sir," he said.

"I don't think you understand how important this is to me. There have thus been at least three failures to eliminate that little human, the little human that now controls the descendant of the most powerful lycan empire in our history. Failure to comply will lead to you being in a cell for a week. You know what happens in the dungeons, I'm sure," I said smirking.

"O-of course sire."

"I expect a yes, not an of course."

-

Dylan

"D-Dylan," I hear the sweet voice of my mate.

I open my eyes to see my beautiful mate lying in one of my t-shirts under the duvet beside me with her head pressed against my chest.

"Yes sweetheart?" I ask gently.

"I feel sore," she complains softly.

"It's okay. Do you want me to bath you then I can get your breakfast for you,"  I suggest and she nods softly, looking exhausted, as I know she is, especially after being missing and going through heat yesterday. Then there was also the mating which I tried to do as gently as possible for her although she was so tired and weak that she passed out afterwards and I carried her back here.

I gently take her arms and wrap them around my neck and then proceed to pick her up and put her legs around my waist and whilst she rests her head gently in the crook of my neck.

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep for a bit longer?"

"I'm fine," she mumbles.

I roll my eyes which I know she doesn't see and I carry her into the bathroom and I make sure the toilet seat lid is down and sit her on it whilst I run her bath.

"Don't fall asleep okay," I tell her whilst lowering her into the bath.

She nods, her eyes closed and I sigh and begin to bathe my mate who probably needs this bath after being trapped with those people.

I know I can't smell anything on her except her usual heavenly scent but I don't think anyone else picks up the exact same scent that I do. Werewolves have a strong sense of smell so the last thing I want is for people to think I'm not taking care of her.

"Don't stop," she whines as my hands leave her hair after I washed it for her and massaged her scalp, something which she appears to enjoy.

"Come now bath time is over," I chuckle, enjoying my mate in her tired state.

She looks at me with her beautiful eyes trying to convince me not to stop and I want to give in but I really don't want her to know the extent of her power over me.

I pick her up out the bath and begin to dry her off and then dress her again before carrying her back to the bed.

A/N

Hey so I know I haven't updated in like over a month but I've had some writer's block and I know the chapter is shorter than I would have liked but I hoped you guys still enjoyed it and also I can't believe this book has passed 100K reads and 2K votes.
So thank you so much for reading and voting and commenting.