Chapter 68

Sasha

I squeeze the pillow hard between my arms as I lie on the bed in the room Alex designated to me. I like how he has been more caring for me lately but at the same time I have a feeling that very little of it is actually for my sake.

All the windows have burglar bars over them and there are the same kind of bars in front of my bedroom door. He claims it is to prevent anyone from the pack or outside the pack getting access to me and hurting me or the pup. That is what he claims at least but I am not an idiot. As long as I am in his grasp he will have the Luna and the Alpha's pup. It is no wonder he is doing everything in his power to keep me where he wants me.

He makes sure to shower me with affection to the extent that for a moment I sometimes forget that he is keeping me like a prisoner. The bars that lock me inside the room and even the security cameras inside the room and in the hall make it clear though that I am no guest.

The switch Alex made when he realised I was pregnant also indicated his intentions. He had been so cruel. He was sadistic and had had no hesitation when hurting me or taunting me before. Such a fast change indicated ulterior motives behind his treatment of me.

Right now I am in no position to try and escape so I just have to be happy that he treats me well. I cannot be reckless like I was when trying to escape from Dylan before he actually came to his senses and learnt how to treat me properly. I had nothing to lose considering I did not know whether or not he was a murderer. Now it's different. A reckless escape could kill my pup. I know how much Dylan wants to be a father. He is always so excited when discussing our future family.

I avert my eyes from the bars of the door that I have been absentmindedly staring at as soon as I hear the key in the lock.

I turn my eyes to the barred window just before the door opens and I hear footsteps entering the room.

"Morning my lovely little sister."

Oh how I wish to punch him.

"Morning Alex. Are you sure it's okay to spend so much time doting on me like this? I am sure you have lots of work to do," I say looking at him pretending to be brainwashed by him.

He overestimates how much I love him. He seems to think that I place a lot of value on the past and wish for things to be how they were back then and therefore end up overlooking everything else he has done.

"I still get all my work done. We're in a location that has been abandoned by your pack. They probably think we would be too scared to come to a place they have owned."

I roll my eyes. Typical villain letting out his plan to the captive. Technically it's not like that. He has just hinted at what their way to stay hidden is nothing about their actual plan but still typical villain move.

"Oh I forgot I want you to meet the future of this pack."

I stare at him confused. The future of their pack? What is he even talking about?

"Come here cutie!"

I find myself rather confused about what he is saying. The future of their pack is supposed to be cute? I can't see any sense in it.

I hear a baby's laugh and a baby crawls into my room wearing a cute blue onesie.

"Is he not adorable?!" Alex coos picking him up and spinning him around.

"Y-you have a mate?" I ask confused as to why he never told me anything.

"No. He is not mine. This is the son of Alpha Darren."

I stare at the baby in my brother's arms. How could such a cruel man have such a cute child?!

I feel the baby being placed on my lap and I feel his small little hands grabbing my dress and tugging gently.

I stare down at him finding him to be very very adorable.

I gently touch him and I feel his soft skin against my fingers.

"His name is Damian," Alex elaborates.

I look down at the baby again as he tugs on my dress and laughs seeming to want my attention. I take the little boy in my arms and hold him against me and he begins to play with my hair, tugging and twirling it with his little hands.

I really do not like the fact that there is an adorable little baby in the care of my brother who has to my face told me that he wants to lock me up in a birdcage and keep me prisoner. It does not seem safe in the slightest.

"Alex why do you want to keep me here. I know you don't have good intentions. I know that very well by now," I decide to confront him.

"I have told you everything dear little sister. I don't want a pup to die or for a pup to be born in a dungeon," he says.

"And what happens once it is born?" I ask feeling a sense of fear that he will separate me and my pup.

"I'll let you raise your pup as long as you do not try leave or give it the idea that you are not here put of your own free will. You want your pup to grow up happy with its mom don't you Sasha?"

I nod softly. It is better for a pup to have one parent than to have none especially with my brother around.

A/N

Thank you for all your support. Nearly a million reads. I mean that is a lot and it would not happen without all of you especially those of you who have read this far and have been encouraging me to update throughout these two or more years. I started this book merely for fun and I did not expect anyone to actually read it or enjoy it. I think it is noticeable through the many spelling errors at the beginning and the lack of a set plot

So you all seemed to want a sequel.
Here is the cover for if I do a sequel.