Chapter 57

Sasha

Loud deafening sirens blare through the air with flashing blue lights illuminating everything as if I were at a disco.

"Dylan!" I hiss, shaking him, waking him up from what was hopefully a more peaceful dream.

"The police," he growls and my eyes go wide in absolute befuddlement and horror.

"Why on Earth are the police here?! I'm trying to sleep," I say.

There is a fear in me that I know why they are here, for me. One month ago I would have gone running out to them singing "hallelujah" but I don't want to. I don't want to leave Dylan. If they are here for me then they will be taking me home and I just got over everything, home is rather high on the list of places I don't want to go.

"So is everyone else. Lets just go and see what is going on," he sighs getting out of bed.

"Do you think they are?-"

"Maybe. I don't know but whatever happens we'll do it together, okay?" He says intertwining out hands as I get off the bed.

"I'm scared that I'll be forced to go back home to that place with those people," I whisper.

"I know and it's okay to be afraid but they might not even be here for you," he says and I nod.

I follow him out of the room and we walk until we are outside in the cool air, in front of the loud police cars and officers. I can see Dylan twitching irritatably from the noise in his ears. He has extremely good hearing so his ears must be going through a lot of pain. I can see his fists are clenched and he is trying really hard not to punch the police officers who have no idea how strong and dangerous the man in front of them is.

"Hello sir? Please tell me why you are here at... three am?" Dylan asks tiredly as he glances at his watch.

"We are here because you have kidnapped a minor, Sasha Gareth," an officer says, immediately accusing him. I mean the information is not wrong but they have absolutely no evidence besides the fact that I am at his huge house.

"Um that's me and I am sure you have the wrong information, Dylan did not kidnap me," I say.

"Well that means you ran away. Please come with us so we can return you to your parents, who are worried sick with grief," he says.

I glare at Dylan to keep his mouth shut, seeing he is about to growl at them.

"Officer, sir, please don't make me go home. I am very happy here with my boyfriend-"

"You are a minor. I'm sorry but you have no choice but to come with us, your parents are still your legal guardians and have not given permission for you to stay anywhere else. I'm sure you can still visit your boyfriend," he says taking my arm strongly and shoving me into the van.

"You cannot take her away. Those... people are not fit to be parents or guardians, they are abusive. Who would run from a good home, take that into account before you force an innocent girl into a-" Dylan says angrily and he is obviously trying really hard to not rip their heads off. He is angry and ready to rampage, if they weren't human he would not be restraining himself.

"I'll be fine Dylan," I promise him, walking forward to give him a kiss on the cheek to calm him down, however the car door is slammed in my face and the cars start.

My hands begin to fidget terribly as I remember the abuse that occurred at home. I only said I would be fine for Dylan's sake. I am terrified. I don't want to go back there. That place was not a home. I was abused and I isolated myself from everyone, I didn't make friends, I didn't have a loving family, I was alone. I don't want that life again. I want to be happy. I want to stay with Dylan and the pack.

"Sir I refuse to return home. You have to listen to me! I don't want to go home. Turn around and let me stay with my boyfriend or be responsible for ruining my life," I say. My words are not the best and I hear the two officers in the car scoff and I can see them rolling their eyes in the mirror.

"I'm sure you're only saying they are abusive because you want to be with your boyfriend. Trust me that will be ruining your life when you end up with a teenage pregnancy. Go for a guy your age maybe and stop running away to hang out with bad boys in the forest. It is not worth it, you know your parents are very worried and it is not fair on them," he says.

I fist my hands at my side looking down. I don't understand why my parents want me back. Oh wait they want a punching bag and a scape goat to blame for Alex's "death." I guess its also because they want to keep up appearances. I mean if someone's daughter goes missing everyone else will become suspicious if they don't worry. For that reason I was only denied meals for punishment and I always had good clothes, just to keep up the "amazing family" act with guests and around everyone else.

I want to message Dylan right now but I can't, I don't have a phone with me and I don't know his number. I mean I never needed to know it when I did not have a phone and we were often close together.

I see the police station after quite a while of driving. I miss Dylan too much already, not only that but I'm tired and I want to go back and cuddle him, I mean is that too much to ask?

Wait if I'm going back home that means I'm going back to school as well. At least I read ahead out of boredom in class but I had just gotten used to freedom without exams. Why is this even a concern right now. I have an abusive family I'm being taken back to and I think about going back to school, I need to get my priorities straight.

"Oh Sasha my darling, we were so worried!" My parents cry as I climb out the police vehicle.

Their words sound so fake and practiced that it makes me want to gag. I mean who has to fake their love for their own daughter and I expect to see the police looking sceptical but instead I see one man crying at out "beautiful" reunion.

If he only knew he was sending me into an abusive home where I am beaten for being incompetent and because my parents want me to die instead of my "dead" brother. Not that he is actually dead, but they can't know that he is locked up in a cell charged with multiple crimes and I kind of got him locked up.

"Mom! Dad! I missed you so much," I exclaim to keep up with their little charade like I have to do whenever we are in public.

A/N
This book has passed 340k reads and 9k votes and I am like so shocked and happy so I just want to thank you all for your reads and support.