Chapter 41

Sasha

I wake up to find the large king sized bed completely empty with me lying alone in my nightdress and no imprint of Dylan's heavy muscular figure on the bed as if he did not come back to the bed at all.

I had waited past midnight eating chocolate and jelly tots and drinking hot chocolate whilst waiting for my lovely mate and husband to return or was the fight that chaotic.

I sigh getting up from the bed. The want to cuddle him is very very strong and I walk to his office to find it empty and then the infirmary hoping that if he's there that he's just visiting an injured warrior because he is so amazing and kind.

He however is, unfortunately for me, not there either and I sigh and begin to search the entire enormous mansion that I sometimes wonder if it is too large to even be called that with it's massive size and the amount of people inside it, it even has a ballroom, two ballrooms for crying out loud, that is when you know it is more of a castle than a mansion.

Completely frustrated by my inability to find my mate who seems to allude me I go to the last place I can think of, James and Zack's office. I march there and slam the door open, exhausted and upset by my fruitless extensive and intensive search for my mate who is usually incredibly easy to find, like super duper duper easy to find.

"Where is Dylan? He did not come back last night?!" I demand barging into the office shared by the Gamma and Beta who have maps spread out all over their tables.

"Well he is um busy?" Zack says a hint of nervousness and unsureness in his voice.

"Why does that sound like a question? We got married yesterday and I waited for him throughout the night and he never came! Do you know how worried I have been and how many cups of hot chocolate I have been through because coffee is too bitter!?"

"You tell her."

"No you're the Beta."

"What I don't want to die! You're the trainer of the pack being Gamma, you do it!"

"I'm not dealing with an angry mate!"

"Better you than me!"

"Why not you?!"

"Why don't you do it then?!"

"Same goes for you!"

"Don't twist this thing around! You do it!"

"No way!"

"Yes way now tell the female!"

"I'm not telling her! I'm not suicidal!"

"Well I'm not either!"

"Stop your whisper shouting! I can hear you loud and clear you know! What is going on with you two and where is my mate?! I may be human but if I find a silver whip somewhere I guarantee it will be painful, for you two not for me, so get talking or I'll get a whip and start cracking it," I threaten angrily, maybe I seriously need Dylan's cuddles to calm me right down right now.

He smells like marshmallows and jelly tots. I don't know how they smell I guess well I know how marshmallows smell, delicious marshmallows. He makes me think of them though and he smells really nice and he's warm and he might not be too fluffy- nevermind his wolfside is extremely fluffy- he's warm and fluffy and he is the definition of a marshmallow.

If he died or left who would I cuddle? I world without my Dylan's cuddles would be one not worth living. This is when I know I am addicted to his cuddles. Maybe I should seek help- wait why would I do that when I can just cuddle him. He seems to definitely enjoy them and I enjoy them so there is definitely no problem at all.