Chapter 53

Dylan

I watch frozen and chained to the stone ground stuck on my knees as Sasha sits on a high pedestal surrounded by silver bars. Her eyes are filled with pained tears whilst her wrists are tightly fixed behind her back by shackles.

A snow white dress covered in masses of rips, tears and crimson stains and splotches sits on her. The crimson spreads, the dress becoming more and more stained as each second goes on.

Her shaking voice cries to me to help her but I can't do anything, I'm frozen, paralyzed as she is subjected to horrifying torture and knives are stroked across the soft smooth canvas of her skin.

Crimson falls from her freshly made wounds, crying small streams that fall over the side of the pedestal. Drop by drop the teardrops of crimson fall on me and I can't help her. I am helpless and useless.

A silver whip thrashes my back, orders are thrown at me to keep quiet but I can't stop screaming for them to stop, for Sasha to be safe and saved.

A muzzle is put over my mouth, silencing me. She is up there and she can't see me. She can't here me. She looks terrified and I want to scream and tell her that I am right her and that everything will be okay but I don't believe myself.

"Dylan?! Dylan! Help me! Make it stop!" She scream and cries to no end but I can't give her any words of comfort. She thinks she is alone. She believes I have abandoned her but if I can't help her and is that not the same thing. I have left her alone in her time of need.

The next thing I know I am staring at her broken body covered in fatal wounds and injuries, her clothes stained with crimson and her skin sickly pale.

"You said you would protect me. You said you would protect our pup."

Her chest heaves as she coughs and I hold her, my tears falling on the ground mixing in with her crimson blood.

"You failed me. You failed us. You failed as an Alpha and most of all as my mate."

Her eyes are shut permanently and her heart slows down. Each thump becoming significantly softer like her soft breaths until they are no more.

Her skin becomes colder than snow in winter and I grab onto her begging her to awaken but she won't open her eyes.

Her body turns to dust, slipping through my fingers and I scream for her to stay, to come back to me. I need her. I need my mate, my Luna, my Sasha.

I scream and plead crying out for her to come back. This can't be real. This must be an illusion.

I try to grab the specs of dust but they are blown off by the wind and I can't catch them. I can't catch her.

She can't be gone. It's all my fault. I couldn't protect her. She's dead and I have lost her forever. My beautiful other half is lost.

She is gone. Gone forever and it is all my fault. I could have saved her. I should have saved her.

Those plans of our future, of little pups running around and keeping us up at night are all gone and it is all my fault. I took away her future. She was innocent and undeserving of such a cruel fate.

"Dylan!"

...........

"Dylan! Dylan wake up!"

I jolt up in bed to see Sasha sitting on my waist straddling me, worry etched onto her beautiful face as she screams my name and shakes me awake.

I throw myself onto her and hold her to the mattress, taking in her sweet scent for reassurance. My head pressed into her neck, greedily sniffing in every ounce of her scent, desperately needing to know that she is here, that it is honestly her.