Chapter 40

Dylan

I run my hand through my hair pacing. I honestly don't want to train her. I want to protect and defend her.
I understand that she has been kidnapped from here many more times than I would like. What I would like would be for her to have not been kidnapped from here the first time so zero times but no.

I am her mate and therefore her protector. She wouldn't be able to keep her own in a fight regardless, she is outmatched in speed, strength, hearing, sight and likely even size. She has no chance of winning other than kicking an attacker. Fighting back would probably only make them angry and hurt her more.

I let out a sigh wondering why this thought has plagued me for the past few hours ever since she brought it up. I honestly just want to keep her safe. If she's not able to fight back with what she knows now then I doubt I can give her anything better to fight back with that will work for her human strength and speed.

Despite that I need to be calm. I need to relax, I finally got James to finish his online course and he can now marry Sasha and I and she can whenever she wants mate with me and we can at some point in our lives try for pups which I would really like. Sasha is still seventeen so maybe not yet. Does she even want pups? What is it with me and thinking about pups? I still have a life ahead of me. A life with my perfect mate.

She does not need fighting lessons, she can outsmart wolves. She can climb trees well enough and I'll protect her.

My hands fiddle nervously with each other as I watch her appear in a white floor length dress looking like an angel sent from heaven to grace the Earth with her presence.

Just seeing her puts a smile on my face as James stands behind me ready to marry us, marry us is such a strange term but I'll use it for her.

It feels just like yesterday that I was gazing at her at the lake from a distance and I followed her home.

My beautiful mate that I would swim to Antarctica for.

Each step towards me makes my head assault my chest even more until she is right in front of me and I am smiling like an idiot which makes her giggle.

"I was so stressed out," she whispers in my ear.

"Same," I reply in a whisper making her giggle now.

"It's a shame we have to wait till the ceremony's end to kiss," she whispers in my ear.

My eyes widen no one told me the ceremony included kissing. I have no problem with kissing her but that is literally a central part of the ceremony. I can't wait for it to end so I can kiss her.

Her hands are clasped in mine as sweet words promising her eternal love to me leave her lips, followed by me doing same.

Some more words are uttered, "I do" being the most important response we give to them.

I lift the veil over her head to reveal her beautiful face and before I can put my lips on hers, her arms around my neck, pulling me down and putting her lips to mine, ultimately surprising me.

I had had no idea how confident she could be kissing me.

I obviously return the kiss tasting her sweeter than sugar lips as her body presses against mine and the crowd claps in congratulation.

She pulls back, a beautiful smile on her face and she grabs my hand and pulls me to finish stuff like signing of documents as if staring at her during the ceremony and doing nothing but staring hadn't made me want to get the thing over with and hold her because why would I not want to hold her forever in my arms.

I feel her kiss my cheek as we finish signing the documents and are officially husband and wife although we were already mates and thats practically the same thing. We just don't need a ceremony but if Sasha wants the entire pack to know how much we love each other then that's completely fine with me.

What wolf would not want a ceremony where their mate practically announces their love for you. The whole marriage thing is very good for that.

I grab her perfect waist again and I taste her perfect, sweet lips and the pack cheers at the display of love between their leaders. I like this ceremony.

We go to the hall for the reception and we cut cake, dance a lot and listen embarrassing speeches about me are made which I do not enjoy, so maybe the wedding thing has one or two downsides.

I feel her lips against my cheek again as she giggles listening to the embarrassing stories from my childhood spent in this mansion which she finds very very amusing.

"Don't laugh at them, you're above that," I whisper in her ear.

"Sure," she says sarcastically before pecking me on the nose with her lips whilst she sits on my lap captured in my arms with a smile plastered on her face.

"Rogues have been spotted at the border, a large group," a warrior whispers in my ear coming up to me.

"James, Zack," I sigh gently placing Sasha next to me and she gives a sigh of her own hearing what had been said.

I kiss her lips.

"Now go to the room it's not safe for you to be out with the rogues on the loose," I tell her and she nods and does as I say knowing it's for the best.

James, Zack, a few warriors and I immediately leave the hall and shift into our wolves and head to the border to apprehend the threat.

I hope it is not too big. It's my wedding. I want to cuddle and adore my mate as soon as possible. I'm sure she is worried, I would be if she was in my position.

A/N
So nearly 6K votes and over 220K reads. I seriously never ever ever in my wildest dreams could have imagined this. Thank you so much. I hope you all enjoy chapter 40. I'm thinking of also renaming the book since Kidnapped By My Alpha Mate is kind of too common and it's long. I'll tell you when I decide what I plan on renaming it. Also I kind of came up with new ideas for this book so hopefully it won't be as long a wait for the next chapter.
Hope you enjoyed the wedding we have all been waiting for. Someday in the future it may be edited to become even better.