Chapter 38

Dylan

"Please don't leave me again in the morning. I don't like waking up and finding that you aren't there," Sasha asks me softly, her soft words filled with a slight vulnerability that makes me realise just how attached she has become to me, she enjoys waking up to me in the morning although she really does enjoy cuddling so that isn't a surprise.

I draw her nearer to me, wrapping my one arm around her back and with my free hand, lifting her chin so she looks up into my eyes and I smile at her.

"I'll try lie with you before I go in the morning, I'll talk with you and cuddle a bit, just as you like it. Is that better?" I ask as I place a soft tender kiss on her forehead which makes her giggle softly.

"Mmh," she replies.

"Then that will be our 'thing'," I tell her grinning like an idiot.

"Sorry to interrupt this beautiful moment but we sort of need to steal our Alpha back for the meeting," James says clearing his throat.

I groan annoyed by the intrusion on the moment between my mate and I.

"I'm sorry Sasha but I have to get back to the meeting," I say giving her a final, soft and gentle kiss on the lips which makes her blush slightly.

"I'll try not be too long," I tell her as I leave the room walking back to my office.

"Let's resume the meeting," I say walking in and closing the door behind me.

"Well from what we know from the interrogations the rogues were hired to get rid of you and Sasha. They were definitely not professionals they just got really lucky so I bet whoever hired them expected that plan to fail, meaning they had more than just that plan and must be rather determined to annihilate you and our Luna," James says as we sit down and resume the meeting between James, Zack and I.

"If that's the case then I doubt it is just a rag tag group of rogues. They must have a pack behind them and we have quite a few enemies so I'd say there are quite a few possibilities," Zack says.

"Well we'll need to increase border patrol and training. We have never had so many attacks in the past as we have had this past month or two," I tell them running my fingers through my hair.

"Of course," Zack agrees.

"I don't want any repeats of what happened when she was on heat. She could have easily died. I love her and my enemies are exploiting that as a weakness," I say.

"We understand. Anything that crosses the border must immediately be investigated to ensure we can get rid of rogues before they cross the borders," James says and I sigh wondering why my mate had to be the center of all the attacks used to get to me. Is attacking someone's mate not the oldest trick in the book.

Maybe it would be best to start trying for pups soon with her consent of course. As much as I hate it she could easily get killed because she is my mate and I do need an heir.

I doubt she would consent though, she said she didn't want to and asking her suddenly if she wanted to would probably be a bit disrespectful. She is human after all and her life was supposed to work out differently likely. She was probably going to finish school then later on get married then only have pups.

Heat probably took her way out of her comfort zone as did everything such as being my mate and werewolves.

"Dylan are you okay?"

"Huh?! Oh I was just thinking. So what were you saying?"

"That the kidnappers were technically not rogue. They were integrated into the pack a bit before Sasha came as spies," Zack says.

"Till the situation is stable we'll have to stop allowing rogues that appear good to join well rogues in general. Now that anyone can pose a threat we'll need to be more cautious. James I want you to spend some time with Sasha, I don't like other males around her but you and Zack know your boundaries and I trust you. You'll be like a bodyguard of sorts but don't tell her those are my intentions. The last thing I need is for her to get scared of the extent the targeting can get for her," I say.

"So what exactly must I do?"

"Entertain her but limit physical contact like hugging. She is still my mate not yours," I say.

"Of course."

....................

A/N

Sorry this chapter is so late and a bit short. Since I struggle to describe things it is sort of short and will likely be expanded on eventually to make it a bit better and longer. I'm sorry to those of you who are disappointed with the length of the chapter because I really don't like reading short chapters either but it is hard to write longer chapters for me especially this far into a book.

Also this book has passed 140k reads and 3.5k votes so thank you for reading and voting as well as commenting, I really enjoy seeing your comments.

Also sorry that this is such a long A/N.