Chapter 60

Sasha

"Miss Sasha Gareth!?"

I get up immediately from Dylan's lap as I hear my name called and I feel my aching legs that are dripping with blood break beneath me. I feel Dylans arms catching me and picking me up noticing my inability to walj. He holds me close to his chest, deciding that it is unnecessary for there to be even the slightest bit of distance placed between us.

"Um you can lie her on the bed," the doctor says, obviously not expecting the boyfriend (mate/husband) to come with as well.

"Can you tell me what happened sweetie?" She asks me, probably thinking I'm a child although she would not be the first person to mistake me for someone younger than seventeen.

"Can I rather not?" I ask softly, wincing as I see the blood streaming from my wounds through my blurred sight.

"Honey you're going to have to tell me. I need to know. Look anything you tell me I can't tell anyone. It's called doctor-patient confidentiality. If I tell anyone without your permission, by law you can sue me, okay?"

"But I just am not comfortable talking about it," I whisper softly.

"If you want I can ask him to leave?" The doctor suggests.

"No. Please don't. I need him here," I whisper softly.

"Okay then. Now please tell me what happened?"

"I-I don't-"

"Sasha, she can't hurt you, you can tell her," Dylan assures me.

"My parents are abusing me," I say in a soft nervous whisper.

"I'm sorry, honey I didn't hear you. Can you please repeat that?" She asks kindly.

"M-my parents are abusive. T-they hurt me," I say.

"I see. Many victims of abuse don't like to speak about what they are going through," she sighs before gently lying me down completely and checking me over completely.

"Doctor, would it be possible to get the police involved. I don't want her going back home to her family," Dylan says.

"Dylan I don't want the police involved. I can wait it out-"

"Sasha I don't want them hurting you anymore," he interjects.

"I can see if I might be able to get them involved. Your injuries are quite serious miss, you are lucky to be alive," the doctor says.

I feel scared by what the doctor has just said. I'm lucky to be alive. If I was fully human the beatings would have killed me. My parents could have killed me. As cruel as they are and as much as they hurt me I have never thought they would be able to do such a thing but they could have killed me. The people who I have been loyal to and have loved despite how horribly they treat me.

Why did I have to be like this? What did I ever do to not be worth my own parents' love? How is my brother, even with what he has done, worth more of their love? If they could kill me then why did Alex never come save me? Why does my family not want me? Does not having a wolf make me worth far less? Does it make me unworthy of their love?

What if I had a wolf? What if I could be strong and fast? Would they have loved me then?

"Sasha!?"

I look up at the two blurred figures looking over me.

"D-Dyl-an?"

"She's losing too much blood!"

~

I stare up at the red liquid running through the drip into the needle in my hand whilst Dylan fiercely grips my other hand.

I still feel kind of dizzy and weaker from the blood loss and I am waiting to get the scans back from the x-rays that were performed on me.

The mechanic beeping seems to make Dylan agitated. He does have better hearing so the annoying sounds must bother him a lot.

I don't understand why so much fuss is being made about my situation. I mean I've gone through this for years although I don't think any of my beatings have ever been this bad at all. My parents have always just lashed out at me drunkenly but I don't think they were even drunk this time.

It hurts me more realising that. I have always blamed on my brother's death and my parents being drunk in grief because he was their favourite. I couldn't see how unnecessary their grief was over time, they never got over it but the beatings had almost become a routine thing for me. I actually saw getting beaten by them as normal and fine because I felt so guilty.

I now know that he is alive. He is alive and I have no reason to feel guilty, especially seeing the kind of monster he has become. He tortured Dylan for no actual reason other than wanting power. He was maybe brainwashed or something but he is not something I should feel guilty about.

I thought my parents would stop beating me when I told them the truth but they didn't believe me and they only did it worse. It was as if they wanted to beat me up just for the sake of beating me up.

"Sasha, it's okay now, no one is going to hurt you," Dylan whispers, gently wiping away my tears.

"Dylan why don't my parents love me? I thought that it was because of Alex that they hurt me, because they were sad but today they went harder and they did worse than ever. They called me worthless and other mean things. Why don't they love me? Should it really matter whether or not I was born as a full wolf?" I sob into him.

"They don't deserve you Sasha, don't let them make you think that you are anything less than perfect. Do you understand angel?" He asks.

"But Dylan I am weak and a runt. I should have been like you. I should have been able to turn into a majestic and beautiful wolf but I'm stuck as a helpless little human. I'm a human who is always getting hurt. Always getting kidnapped. Never able to defend herself. I want to be like you Dylan. I want to be what I was supposed to be. They are right. I am useless and worthless-" I say softly.

"Sasha don't think like that. You are a brave, independent and perfect Luna. I don't care that you're more human than wolf, I wouldn't care if you were fully human to begin with. Remember I loved you even without knowing that you had any wolf in you at all. You are amazing and trust me the things you do, no other human or even some wolves can do either. Like escaping from almost every room I locked you in, outrunning a pack of wolves. Surviving things that could kill wolves. How about reforming an alliance with some of the most intimidating Alphas out there. Maybe I should add how your beauty is unmatched by any other, the way your green-blue eyes glisten like the sea under the sun when you're happy. How you are the most cunning little vixen to ever cross my path?"

"Dylan stop," I say blushing as I hide my face in a pillow.

"And maybe I should add how your adorable blush makes this wolf's heart race and want to just kiss those cheeks," he says.

"Dylan I said stop it," I say playfully throwing a pillow at his face while I smile.

"And I've finally put a smile back on those delicious little lips of yours," he says leaning down and kissing me passionately.

"Ahem," a doctor says clearing his throat and I shove Dylan off of me and I blush.

"I see adolescent love these days has no limits," he observes under his breath and I lower my head blushing in embarrassment in response to his words.

"The x-rays show that there is nothing broken. You'll likely end up with some nasty bruises and the glass cuts will leave their mark but a few more nights and you should be fine to be discharged."

...................
A/N
We have passed 10k votes and I am like super surprised and happy. Also this is chapter 60 so major milestone.

Merry Christmas to those of you who like me celebrate Christmas. May God bless all of you❤