Chapter 6: Training, Dinner, Alpha

I listened to the news hearing there was another animal attack in Beacon Hills. This time is was at the school and it was on a bus and the bus driver had been attacked. Nothing else had been stated until further evidence.
~
I was fighting Derek when we heard a noise.
We stopped, Derek holding my punch and we looked out the window.

I glanced at him, eyebrows raised.

He raised a finger to his lips and went to the window. I stood beside him, careful not to be seen by anyone outside.

I saw it was a cop.

What were they doing here? Why was it just one?
I glanced at Derek and connected the dots.

They wanted to make sure he wasn't here when it was suppose to be vacant.

I saw Derek's eyes turn bright blue and the cop's dog went crazy.

The cop turned around and quickly left, spooked by the house and the dog.

"Your eyes, why are they different?"

"Because I took an innocent life."

I blinked at him wanting ask more but Scott came up.

"I know you can hear me," he said. "I need your help."

I quickly followed Derek has he went downstairs.
"Wait here," he said, opening the door and walking out, closing it behind him.

"Okay. I know I was part of you getting arrested and that we basically announced you being here to the hunters. I also don't know what happened to your sister. But I think I did something Iast night. I had a dream about someone. But someone else got hurt," Scott said, as I listened with my powers.

Sister? The girl was Derek's sister?

"And it turns out that part of the dream might have actually happened," Scott continued.

"You think you attacked the driver?" Derek asked.

"Did you see what I did Iast night?"

"No."

"Can you at Ieast tell me the truth?"

"Am I gonna hurt someone?"

"Yes."

"Could I kill someone?"

"Yes."

"Am I gonna kill someone?"

"Probably. Look, I can show you how to remember. I can show you how to control the shift, even on a full moon. But it's not gonna come for free."

"What do you want?"

"You'II find out. But for now, I'm gonna give you what you want. Go back to the bus. Go inside. See it, feel it. Let your senses, your sight, smell, touch. Let them remember for you."

"That's it? Just go back?"

"Do you want to know what happened?"

"I just want to know if I hurt him."

"No, you don't. You want to know if you'II hurt her."

Scott left and Derek walked back in, closing the door.
I stood there, leaning on the wall beside him.

"I'm really sorry about your sister," I said, hoping he knew I meant it. She had been the one who was with him at school when it happened. The only one he had left.  I gently placed my hand on his upper arm.

"We should get back to training we don't have long before the next full moon."

I nodded and followed him.