Chapter 49: Not The Only One

"You should know I'm not doing this because I have to. I want to. I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want your sister to die. I'm only doing what I had to do," I heard Jeniffer say in the car in front of us.

Yes I was listening in. I was riding with Stiles and Scott while in front of us Derek was driving Jennifer and we were headed to the hospital.

"Shut up," Derek said.

"You need to hear the whole story, Derek," she continued. "You need to know just how connected we really are."

I wanted to jump through and pounce. I took a few deep breaths.

"Stop talking," Derek seethed.

"I don't know, something feels wrong about this," Stiles voice was louder then normal and I pulled back on listening. Derek said certain werewolves focused on a sense more than the others and mine was definitely hearing.

"You know, we proved it to Derek, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. You know, like it was all still going according to plan," Stiles explained.

"Which is all apart of my plan."

"You saw it, didn't you?" Stiles asked.

"I've had a plan this whole time. She's falling right into it. Sort of. She just needs to keep Derek needing her so he will help her defeat the alphas. She doesn't know that I knew," I explained. "My hope is Deucalion is as big and bad as he says he is so he can deal with her."

Stiles and Scott glanced at each other in amazement.

"What? It's strategy, think about your opponents move before they do it."

"Remind me never to play chess with you," Stiles notes.

We parked at the hospital and got out and Stiles grabbed something from the back seat.

"What's that?" Scott asked.

"Well, you guys got claws. I got a bat."

We walked into the hospital, Derek holding Jeniffer by her arm.

"Scott! Scott! What are you doing here?" Melissa said. "The hospital's evacuating."

"We're here for Cora," Scott answered.

"What, all of you? Why does Stiles have my bat?"

"Mom, just trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now."

"The building is supposed to be clear in 30 minutes. We've got two ambulances that are coming back. One's 10 minutes out, the other's 20. Cora needs to be on one of those. They'll be picking up in the basement garage."

"Got it."

"Okay."

We headed to the elevator and Derek hit the basement garage button, still holding Jennifer's arm.

"You don't have to keep me on a leash, Derek. I'm going to help," she said.

Derek didn't reply or loosen his grip. Scott glared at her and I had my claws out while Stiles gripped his bat ready to strike.

The elevator door opened and we stepped out and Peter came sliding towards us on the floor. We looked at him and he groaned.

"Derek. We got a problem. Big problem," he said.

We looked up and saw the twins in their combined form. Stiles told me they were big but I wasn't expecting this.

We helped Peter up and Scott and Derek charged.