Chapter 68: It Starts With A Lie

They ran down and I followed.

We got into the parking lot and saw a bunch of people getting electrocuted.

I looked over and saw Isaac fall over.

"Isaac!" I yelled, starting to go to him but Derek placed his arm in front of me, stopping me inches before I hit the water.

Scott, Derek and I backed up quickly as the water started spreading further towards us.

We watched as Kira grabbed the chord that was sparking and covered the spark with her hand and seemed to absorb the electricity.

I stood there slightly shocked for a moment until Derek ran over to Issac.

I followed and quickly took his head in my hands and saw his whole right side was burnt.

"Scott!" Derek yelled. "He's not breathing!"

I froze.

I froze like an idiot.

With Erica and Boyd I wasn't there, I couldn't help to begin with but right now I had no idea how to even help.

I couldn't let him die, yet I couldn't move.

Derek pulled me away as the medics came.

"No, wait, wait-" I said, trying to reach Isaac.

"Lizabeth," Derek said, grabbing my shoulders. "He's going to be okay the doctors have him."

"But-" I ran my hands through my hair frustrated.

Stiles could be gone because of a dark spirit or he's just losing all his memory and still dying and now Isaac was fighting for his life.

"Hey," Derek said, cupping my face. "He's going to be okay," Derek nodded.

"Just a few days right?" I mumbled.

Derek slowly nodded.

"Guys," Scott said. "Stiles is missing."
~
We got home late and it felt so different without the kids.

"Who was the deputy you were talking to?" Derek asked.

"Parrish?"

"You know him?" He asked taking off his jacket.

"Not really."

Derek didn't say anything.

"Why?" I asked curious.

"No reason," Derek answered defensively.

I sat on the edge of our bed and rubbed my face. I wasn't going to push further.

Derek sat next to me and gently rubbed my shoulders.

I slowly started to relax.

I turned and straddled him and rested my elbows on his shoulders.

I slowly kissed him and pulled away, our lips still lightly brushing.

"I..." whispered slowly as his hands wrapped around my waist, slowly looking into his eyes. "I need you."

I needed him, I needed the world to just melt away for a couple hours and it just be us.

He slowly kissed me, cupping my face.

I let go of every worry for a few hours, letting Derek be only thing on my mind.
~
I woke up slowly, one of the first nights having a full night's sleep.

Derek was still beside me, his arm wrapped around me.

I felt like we hadn't actually been together in forever.

Everything just kept happening and getting tougher and tougher with each victory.

Sometimes it felt like we were drifting apart and we couldn't stop it.

"What are you thinking about?" Derek whispered.

"Nothing," I lied.

I hope he didn't know, but I didn't want him to know I was thinking how we haven't spent much time together lately just us. How I worried he didn't notice it.

I slowly got up and Derek quickly sat up and grabbed my hand before I could leave the bed.

I worried he knew I lied. I didn't want to discuss this now. I didn't want to fight.

He didn't say anything though, he just looked at me until I forced a smile and looked away.

He let my hand go and I went to get dressed.

When did it get to the point that I was lying to Derek?

When did we stop telling each other what we were thinking and feeling?

What other secrets were we now keeping and burying?