Chapter 10: Alpha Danger

I woke up slowly and slid out of bed, making breakfast. I made French toast and was just about done when I turned and saw Derek, leaning on the wall.

"Good morning," I softly smiled.

Last night was... it wasn't like any other night. Being around him was like a comfort, and a warm blanket wrapped around your body. It was safe and honest.

"Morning," he said, stepping closer.

I glanced at him, he sat down and started eating.

Once he was finished he cleaned his plate and grabbed a cup of orange juice.

I wasn't sure what to say. Do I mention it? Do I not? I was half awake. Granted I woke up and he was still next to me.

"I have some things to look into today so no training," he finally said.

I nodded. "If you find anything call me."

He set his empty cup down and brushed my hand and nodded.

I smiled as he left and I sighed.

I don't know why but when he left I felt like a piece of me was gone. I already missed him and he hadn't even gone passed the driveway. I watched him drive away and I sighed.

I went to work as usual, my mind could only think of Derek though. I hoped he was safe, I knew he would do anything- think he could take the alpha.
I chewed my lip and finally when my shift ended I went home.

I sat on my bed and rubbed my eyes.

He was the first man his touch didn't make me flinch. His touch wasn't possessive, abusive, harsh it was actually gentle, protective, and kind.

I shouldn't be having feelings for him. How could I?

He would never look at me that way.

I'm sure he made tons of girls swoon and he wasn't even the type to settle down.

I fell on my bed and was taken over by sleep until I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?" I answered, half awake.

"Get to the school," I heard Derek's voice.

"Okay?"

"You wanted to be called if I found anything - I think I found something. Stiles and Scott are meeting us too."

I quickly got up, throwing my converse and a cardigan on.

I drove to the school, night had fallen by now.

I parked and saw Derek, Stiles, and Scott standing by Derek's car.

I ran over. "What is it?" I asked, looking between the three.

"This guy went psychopath on my boss!" Scott pointed at Derek who just stood there, hands in his leather pockets.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"He's in the back," Derek answers.

"Oh, he looks comfortable," Stiles replies sarcastically as we saw the vet tied up and mouth taped, slouched unconscious in the back.

"Wait. Hey," Derek said as Stiles and Scott started walking away.  "What are you doing?"

" You said I was linked with the Alpha. I'm gonna see if you're right," Scott answered, walking into the school.

I sighed, crossing my arms and leaning on Derek's car next to him.

"So uh, what's the plan if these kids fail?"