Chapter 32: Full Moon On A Subway

We met at the subway and Derek opened the chest with all the restraints he once used on me.

"What is that?" Isaac asked.

"It's a triskele," Derek answered.

"Spirals mean different things Past, present, and future. Mother, father, child," Boyd states.

"You know what it means to me?" Derek asked, looking at him.

"Alpha, beta, omega?"

"That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas."

"Like Scott?" Isaac asked.

"Scott's with us," Derek said.

"Really? Then where is he now?"

"He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will," Derek replied, glancing at me. "There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find."

"Good thing I had my period last week, then," Erica said and I glanced at her not needing this information. I glanced at Derek again.

"Well, this one's for you," he said, holding up the headband I used to wear, the memory of it and the pain made my stomach turn.

We walked into the subway car and I helped Derek chain them each.

"What if we break free?" Boyd asked as we wrapped a chain around Erica.

"Then you'll do anything you can to get out of here. Probably try to kill me, then kill each other and kill Anything else with a heartbeat," Derek answered. "I need you to hold her."

Isaac and Boyd grabbed each of her arms holding her.

"So how come she gets to wear the headband?" Isaac asked.

"Because she'll be able to withstand more pain than the two of you. Elizabeth had to wear it too. Females are known to have higher pain tolerance.  I've got an extra one if you really want it," Derek said.

"Nah, I'm all right."

"You ready?" Derek asked, looking at Erica.

"Yeah," Erica said, taking a deep breath.

Derek tightened the screws, going deeper in her head, her screams ringing in my ears.
~
Night fell and Derek and I were finishing up on Isaac.

"How do you not feel this?" Isaac asked as I got up and went to check Erica and Boyd's chains.

"I feel every second of it," I heard Derek say.

"Then how do you control it?" Isaac groaned.

"Find an anchor. Something meaningful to you. Bind yourself to it. Keep the human side in control."

"What is it for you?"

I didn't hear Derek's response if he even responded.

"All right, that should do it," Derek said.

Derek looked at me and I nodded.

I slowly listened and heard Derek's heartbeat.

I jumped when Erica and Boyd yanked at their chains.

Tonight was going to be a long one.

The three of them fought us all night and attacked at us, Derek and I worked together and fought them back. Isaac escaped and Derek was about to chase after him but Boyd nearly broke lose and Derek pushed him back.

Erica broke out of her headpiece and slashed at me and I blocked.

Isaac came back and attacked Boyd, roaring at him.
Isaac looked at us and nodded.

Once we knocked Erica and Boyd our I breathed heavy, Derek and I were covered in blood. I didn't know if it was ours or theirs.

I stared at Erica lost in thought, realizing something.

"Think you'll be okay now," Derek said to Isaac who nodded, his wolf side leaving. "Looks like you found an anchor."

"My father," he answered slowly.

"Your father locked you in a freezer in the basement to punish you."

"He didn't use to."

I slowly placed a hand on Isaac's shoulder, I couldn't imagine going through that. I never had a good image of my father but to have one and to wish him to be like that again would be awful.

Derek nodded at us and left for a moment.

Isaac and I were watching Erica and Boyd when I realized Derek hadn't returned in awhile. I looked around and I walked out of the car.

Derek was nowhere.

"Isaac?" I said and he popped his head out.

"Yeah?"

"Can you handle them for a moment? There's something wrong."

"Yeah," Isaac said and I nodded and took off looking for Derek.