Chapter 76: Nightmares

Chris parked his car in front of the loft. I gently squeezed his hand.

"If you need anything, let me know," I softly said.

He nodded and I got out of the car and Isaac followed.

"I'm going to go with Argent," he said.

I nodded and hugged him.

I pulled away and he got into the passenger seat.

I watched them drive away and then I ran up the steps and opened the door.

I saw Derek by the table one of the twins coming up to get the Wolfsbane burned out of them.

Derek turned and saw me and just seeing him, made holding my emotions in impossible.

I ran to him, wrapping my arms around him as quickly as possible.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly as I hid my face in his chest, trying to hide from the world.

"What happened?" He whispered. "What is it? Are you okay?"

I slowly pulled away to look at him, as he gently brushed the hair out of my face and wiped my tears away.

"Allison is dead," I choked out.

Derek gently pulled me back into his arms and rested his cheek on the top of my head.

"Could you finish helping my brother and do that later?" Aiden asked, annoyed.

Derek sighed and glared at Aiden.

"It's ok," I whispered, pulling away and wiping my nose, sitting down on the couch.

Derek grabbed his lighter and started burning the Wolfsbane out.

"Should be fine in a couple of hours. Unless whoever shot you manages to find you again," Derek said, as I got up and took his hand.

"Lydia's with Scott. We need to go," Aiden said quickly, the two heading for the door.

"Are you gonna try to convince her to go with you?" Derek asked, stopping them.

"I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide. Like any sane person would do."

"And Danny?" Derek asked, looking at Ethan.

"Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?"

"I think Danny won't believe you. And Lydia would never run and hide."

"Because of Stiles?"

"Because of Scott. You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause."

"What cause?"

"Scott's always been about one thing. Saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!"

I lightly smiled at Derek and squeezed his hand and he squeezed back.

Derek's phone then rang and he quickly answered it.

"Derek? Do you still have that box with the triskele on the lid?" Scott asked.

"Yeah? Why?"

"We need it to trap the nogitsune. Meet us at the school."