Chapter 79: Sleepless Night

I was finishing up burping Adalie when I heard Stiles and Derek shuffling down the hall quickly.

I heard the door slam.

I opened the door and slowly headed towards the room when Stiles headed out.

"He found out, he wants to talk to Scott. Make sure he doesn't go anywhere!" Stiles quickly said, running down the stairs.

I rubbed my forehead. I'm going to go gray before I'm forty.

I gently knocked on the open door.

"Hey," I said, seeing Derek sitting on the bed.

If you didn't believe it was him younger you were crazy. He had the same worried stance as always.

I slowly sat next to him. What do you say to someone who has no memory and just found out his whole family was dead.

"Did you know?" He asked me.

I sighed. "Yes, we weren't trying to lie. It's a lot to dump on you while you didn't remember. I was hoping you'd regain memory."

Adalie started crying and I started pacing trying to calm her.

"Where is your husband?" Derek asked.

"I lost him," I stopped. "A couple months ago."

"I'm sorry."

I softly smiled. I wanted to cry.

"My uncle says loss is a part of life."

I scoffed. "Of course he would."

"You knew him?"

"Unfortunately..."

Derek smirked.

"I'm going to go check on McCall. M'Lynn and Erik can be a handful sometimes. Stiles is getting Scott. Do you mind just staying here?"

Derek shook his head.

I nodded and headed downstairs and I saw McCall playing with the children.

"I'm sorry, I hope they weren't too much trouble."

"No trouble at all. They're very well behaved kids."

I smiled.

"Everything okay?" He said, looking at me.

I nodded. "I just haven't had much sleep lately. Adalie has colic and nothing has worked."

McCall offered to take Adalie from me who was still crying.

I passed her over and he held her and she stopped crying.

"They say sometimes babies can feel when a mother is upset and that upsets them."

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

I was about to say something when Scott and Stiles came running in and upstairs.

I excused myself and ran upstairs and saw Scott's room was empty.

"It's Kate!" Stiles said. "She got to him. Great. I thought I told you to watch him!" Stiles yelled at me.

"I left for two seconds because excuse me if I try to make baby stop crying!"

"Enough!" Scott stopped us and I threw my hands up and sighed.

"Where would she take him?" I asked. "I can't believe..." I started. "I need a breather."

I ran to the bathroom, closing the door, expelling dinner into the toilet.