Chapter 46: Deucalion

Derek and I finished installing the security system together which when activated also locked M'Lynn's room, which would only unlock if it was one of us.

I sighed and check on Cora who was still healing.

I noticed she slowly was waking up and I went to her side.

"Hey," I whispered.

She opened her eyes and sat up quickly.

"It's alright," I said.

"Where am I?"

"You're at the loft. Derek and I's loft."

Cora looked at me with confusion.

I held up my left hand. "I guess a lot can happen in nine years," I said. "I'm Elizabeth, Elizabeth Hale."

Her eyebrows furrowed and she studied me.

"Is he really an alpha?" She asked.

"Yes."

"There's a baby?" Cora asked, hearing M'Lynn fussing as Derek was taking care of her right now.

I nodded. "M'Lynn Hale."

"Derek's a father?"

I smiled. "Yes He is. Why don't you rest why I go finish up some stuff? If you need anything you can come downstairs. Okay?"

She nodded and I headed downstairs.

I took M'Lynn upstairs and came back down and Derek and I saw Cora come down and she started working out.

"You need to rest," Derek said.

"They killed that kid, they killed the girl that saved me. I'm gonna kill them too," she said, jumping to push-ups.

Derek lightly took his foot and knocked her hand from under her. "Stop. You're not done healing."

"Yeah?" She asked, standing up. "Well, I'm done lying around."

"Then sit."

"Are you gonna help me go after them?" She asked, throwing punches and Derek blocked them all.

"Come on, fight back!" She yelled, shoving him. "I came back for this? I can't believe I got myself thrown in a vault for three months for you. All those rumors I heard. A powerful new Alpha, one of the Hales, was building a pack. Do you know how long I waited to hear something like that? Do you have any idea how it felt to find out you were alive?"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you," Derek said.

I stepped closer to Derek when we heard an alarm and the red button blinked.

"What's that?" Cora asked.

"Trouble," Derek answered.

"Really?" I sighed. "Already?"

A man and a woman with claws for toenails walked in.

"No, wait. Wait!" Derek said to Cora but she already was attacking the woman.

"Ready for a rematch?" The guy said, throwing a punch at Derek.

Derek blocked and threw his arm aside, throwing a punch. I clawed and he blocked grabbing my hand and throwing me across. I got up quickly and Derek and I fought him until the the woman and him switched.

The guy slammed Cora down by the neck, choking her.

The woman kicked and landed a blow to my face and she grabbed an exposed pipe, breaking it and hit Derek's knee, making him fall.