Chapter 38: Open Wound

It had been four months and school was just starting up again. Isaac, Peter, and Derek spent the summer looking for Erica and Boyd who was taken by the alphas.

I wasn't much help in my state, I helped as much as I could until recently.

Peter and Derek had spent the last month not telling me Isaac was taken to keep me from freaking out but they didn't know I already knew. Isaac often kept in touch and when had gone longer than two weeks I knew.

I didn't say anything because I honestly think it would make Derek more stressed then I was.
He hardly slept right now, especially so close the due date.

I sat on the couch and Derek and Peter talked quietly at the table.

"You know," I sighed. "I may be pregnant but I still have super hearing," I said with a raise of my eyebrows.

"See, I told you," Peter said to Derek who turned to me, eyebrows raised and worry written all over his face.

"You aren't to suppose to be listening," he said.

"How can I not?" I said, getting up. "You think I didn't know something was up when Isaac did contact us the past month?"

Peter nodded at Derek who rubbed his forehead.
"Look, you aren't suppose to be worrying right now."

I sighed. "I'm fine, and so is the baby. Melissa said everything was going smoothly."

Derek sighed when he perked up.

He looked at his phone.

"He's at the hospital," he said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

Derek smiled and pecked my lips. "Super hearing. I love you."

He then headed out and I sighed.

I waited a half hour before I got a text and Derek was heading to the Hale house.

I drove there and met him along with Scott who was on the phone with Stiles.

Derek carried an unconscious Isaac into the house laying him on the table.

I gently brushed the curls off his forehead and looked at Derek.

Scott hung up on Stiles telling him to meet us and he looked around.

"What are we doing here?" He asked.

"There's something here that I need," Derek answered, grabbing something on the floor. "It'll help heal a wound from an Alpha."

"Yeah, but it did heal," Scott said, looking at Isaac.

"Not on the inside."

"Think of it like internal bleeding," I added and Derek nodded.

"Hey, are you gonna tell me who that was back there?" Scott asked and I looked at Derek. "That Alpha."

I looked at Derek in shock. They had come in contact with one- most likely fought it.

Derek glanced at me, his expression trying to tell me he was fine.

He'd tell me that right now even dead.

"A rival pack," Derek answered Scott. "It's my problem. I know you wanna help, and you did. I owe you one. Now go home. Go back to being a teenager."

Scott started to listen and walk away but then he turned and looked at us.

"Uh, hey, Derek," He said and Derek looked up at him. "If you wanna repay back that favor now There is something you can do for me."

Stiles came running in as Derek and Scott sat down.
"What is this?" Stiles asked.

"Well at first it was helping Isaac but now it's turned into a tattoo session," I replied. "Don't worry Isaac will be fine, and eventually wake up- I'm sure you were about to ask," I said and Stiles closed his mouth and came to stand beside Scott.

"Do you see it?" Scott asked as Derek looked at his left arm.

"Yeah, I see it. It's two bands, right?"

Scott slowly nodded.

"What does it mean?"

"I don't know. It's just something I traced with my fingers."

Scott drew it again in the dust and I looked at him.

"Is your mother okay with this?" I asked.

"She's more okay with it then the bike."

I slowly sighed.

"Why is this so important to you?" Derek asked.

"Do you know what the word "tattoo" means?" Scott asked.

"To mark something," Stiles winked and smiled.

"Well, that's in Tahitian," Scott replies. "In Samoan, it means "open wound." I knew I wanted to get a tattoo when I turned 18. I always wanted one. I just decided to get it now, to make it kind of a reward."

"For what?" Derek asked.

"For not calling or texting Allison all summer. Even when I really wanted to, even when it was so hard not to sometimes. I was trying to give her the space she wants. Goin' four months later, it still hurts. It still feels like a, uh -"

"Like an open wound," Stiles finished.

"Yeah."

I sighed remembering my first high school love. Funny thing about them they never seem to go away your first love. I softly smiled at my first love remembering the high school feelings compared to how love feels now.

Derek slowly sighed. "The pain's gonna be worse than anything you've ever felt."

"Ah, that's great," Stiles squeaked.

"Do it," Scott said.

Derek lit the fuel torch.

"Oh, wow," Stiles gasped. "That's a that's a lot for me. So I'm gonna take that as my cue. I'm just gonna wait outside."

He tried escaping but Derek stopped him with his arm. "Nope. You can help hold him down."

"Oh, no."

Stiles and I got on each of Scott's shoulders, holding him down as Derek torched his skin.

Scott yelled and growled in pain and Stiles and I worked to keep him down.

Eventually he passed out from the pain and slowly woke up once we were done.

"It worked," Scott said happily.

Derek nodded and Scott grabbed his shirt and started leaving with Stiles.

Derek and I went back to Isaac's side when Scott spoke up.

"You painted the door. Why'd you paint the door?"

"Go home, Scott," Derek said.

"And why only one side?"

Scott started to claw at the paint and Derek and I quickly made our way to him.

"Scott," Derek said trying to make him stop but he only did once the symbol was showing again.

"The birds at school and the deer last night just like the night I got trampled by the deer when I got bit by the Alpha," Scott said, connecting all the dots. "How many are there?"

"A pack of them. An Alpha pack."

"All of them? How does that even work?"

"I hear there's some kind of a leader. He's called Deucalion. We know they have Boyd and Erica. Peter, Isaac, and I have been looking for him for the last four months."

"Let's say you find them. How do you deal with an Alpha pack?"

"With all the help I can get."

Isaac suddenly gasped and we all turned to him.

"Where is she? Where's the girl?" He asked quickly.

Derek looked at him with confusion. "What girl?"