Chapter 43: Morning

I woke up slowly, slightly shifting, feeling Derek still beside me.

He usually was up before me.

I slowly moved, careful not to wake him and faced him.

His breath was steady and slow, his arm draped over me, holding me close. His face buried in my neck.

I slowly rubbed my fingers in his hair at the base of his neck.

I don't know how long I stayed like this, just staring and admiring him. No one ever noticed how much he cared or worked or took responsibility. He kept it all well covered and masked. Sometimes I don't think he slept at all.

I gently caressed his cheek and ran my hand up and down his arm.

Last night he let himself be completely vulnerable with me.

I softly caressed his cheek, his whiskers tickling my skin.

He sighed, his warm breath on my neck and he shifted and pulled me closer, if that was even possible.

He softly kissed my neck. "Morning," he whispered, his morning voice gruff and deep.

"Morning," I whispered back, my hand resting on his bicep.

He woke up a little more and kissed me, cupping my face, slowly hovering over me.

I softly pulled away and smiled. "Mm-mm," I hummed getting out of bed.

He sat up and stared at me and I smiled.

"You're gonna have to catch me," I teased, starting to walk away, teasing and tempting him.

I suddenly was lifted off my feet and swung over his shoulder.

"Derek!" I squealed.

"I caught you!" He said victoriously.

"That's not fair! You cheated! I wasn't ready!"

He swung me down on the bed.

I brushed my hair away from my face that had flown in it and saw Derek hovering over me, so close our noses almost touched.

His hands slid to my waist and thighs slowly, making my breath deepen.

Now he was teasing.

He must be able to hear my heart pounding with or without Super hearing.

I suddenly laughed as his hands found my stomach and tickled me.

"Derek!" I screeched. "Stop! It's not funny!" I continued to laugh and squeal.

Derek laughed, a sound so innocent, happy and pure.

I shifted and rolled him over and straddled him, placing his hands above his head so they wouldn't do any further tickling.

He was still smiling and I smiled and giggled.

I slid my hands to his chest and he slowly slid his back to my thighs.

I studied him. He shouldn't be allowed to look this good some days. I sure was lucky.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and he slowly sat up and kissed me.

I kissed him back, hungry and yearning.

His hands found my hips, earning a moan from me.

He was about to take it further when I heard a cry.

I sighed in defeat my hands resting on his shoulders.

He softly groaned and kissed my forehead, patting my hip as I slowly got off him.