Chapter 71: It's Been Awhile

I went to get up when Derek gently took my hand and pulled me back to him.

"Hmm?" I hummed as I played with hair at the base of his neck as he sat on the edge of the bed.

He studied me and his hand gently trailed up and down my arm.

Something was bothering him.

"What?" I whispered.

He sucked in a breath and looked at me.

I softly smiled and he brushed his hand through my hair.

"I heard what you said to Parrish."

I stood there shocked. He wasn't suppose to hear that.

"What did you hear?"

Derek sighed and shrugged. "Everything."

I bit my cheek and looked at him. What do I say?

I cleared my throat. "Do you... question it?" I asked. "Do you question if Erik is yours?"

"No, I never did, and I won't."

I nodded slightly relieved, I just didn't know why Derek was bringing it up if it wasn't about Erik.

"Is there something else?" I asked, resting my hands on his shoulders.

He rubbed his mouth and shook his head. "No. I just wish you would've told me you were dealing with all that..."

"I just didn't want to hurt you."

"It doesn't hurt me, I know he's my son. I trust you. They all know I had something with-" Derek paused not wanting to say her name. "They don't say anything about me. But they question you?" He raised his eyebrows and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I don't like it."

"I don't like how they think we have an awful marriage," I sighed, sitting down next to him. 

Derek glanced at me. "Do you think we have an awful marriage?" He teased.

I slowly smiled. "No... I mean we could go without the near deaths all the time. At least warn me when you plan on nearly dying again," I said, crawling behind him and gently letting my hands trace his back where the glass had once been and running across the pattern of his tattoo.

He softly laughed. "No promises."

I rolled my eyes and wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

He looked at me and kissed me.

I got up and pulled my hair up and Derek started making the bed.

"You know what we haven't done in awhile?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Hmm?" He hummed, turning to face me.

"We haven't trained in awhile."

He raised his eyebrows as I stepped closer and pressed my lips in a smile.

I threw a punch and he caught it with ease and I smiled.

"You sure you want to go at it?"

I lightly laughed and punched again. "Oh yeah," I grinned as he blocked again.

We threw punches and kicks all blocked for awhile before he threw a punch and I blocked and threw a kick. He caught my leg and I lost balance and fell to the ground, bringing him down a little as well. I took my other leg and pressed it into his chest and threw him over me.

He grunted as he landed and I quickly did a backward roll and pinned him down.

I smiled, hovering over him. "Getting a little rusty?" I teased.

He breathed hard and smiled. "Never."

He thrusted with his hips, shifting my balance and he rolled, now being the one on top.

"Now how are you gonna get out of this one?" He asked.

I breathed hard and tried to do what he had just done.

He smirked as my hip thrust did nothing.

"I hope you aren't trying that with every attacker," he breathed, holding my hands above my head.

I rolled my eyes and tried again while trying to pull my arm free but no avail.

Derek softly laughed and kissed me, letting his hands fall to my waist. I took advantage and succeeded in the hip thrust in shifting his balance and rolled. I ended up being the one on top now. I grinned in success.

"That's cheating," Derek sighed.

"Mmm.... I didn't kiss you..." I teased poking his chest.

He sucked in a breath and huffed.

"You made me kiss you."

"How?" I laughed.

"You seduced me."

I laughed and shook my head and he sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and giggled as his whiskers tickled my skin.

This was just like old times. Finally things were getting back to normal.

Our normal.

He slowly rested his hand on my abdomen.

"Boy or girl?" He asked.

"Boy."

"Mm... girl."

"You always have to be opposite when I guess."

"That's cause I want to be right for once."

I laughed.  "You're right on a lot of things."

"But I want to be right on this."

"You were right about M'Lynn"

"We didn't even guess!"

I giggled and arms around his neck and gently brushed my fingers across his skin.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you," I smiled.

"We're gonna get passed this right?" I asked.

"We are. We're going to figure everything out. We aren't giving up."

We were going to figure out what's wrong with Stiles, the nogistune, and everything else that comes up, including being happily outnumbered in a few months.