Chapter 15: Car Chase

I floored it, turning on a corner.

"You're going to kill us!" Scott yelled.

"Well, if I don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I said, watching the car behind us chase us. We kept the Hunters and police thinking that we were Derek.

Now this is how I imagined driving his car.

"They're gone," Stiles said in the back seat with Scott. He clicked his walkie talkie on.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

I groaned and turned around quickly and sped to the iron works.

I sped up as Derek was getting shot at.

"Get in!" Stiles yelled.

Derek jumped in and I sped away.

"They did not just shoot this car!" I yelled as a few bullets hit the side.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Stiles asked.

"Dang it, I had him!" Derek yelled.

"Who, the Alpha?" Scott asked.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Oh, hey, they're just doing their jobs," Stiles said, defending his dads job.

" Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumb mistake," Scott said. "I get it."

"All right. How did you find him?" Stiles asked.
Derek looked at them.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, both of us," Stiles added, popping his head in view, making Derek glare at him. "Or just him. I'II be back here."

Derek looked at me and I nodded.

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out," Derek started. "She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles interrupted. "Why him?"

"I don't know yet."

"What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol," he finished, showing a drawing of it. "What? You know what this is?" Derek asked, seeing Scott's face.

" I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

"Oh perfect..." I mumbled.

I dropped the two boys off at Scott's house and then I drove to my apartment.

We entered and I closed the door.

"I'm in love with your car," I said.

Derek raised his eyebrows at me.

I tossed him his keys and he caught them without breaking contact.

I looked at him, wondering what he was thinking, thankful he couldn't see my thoughts.

I broke our stare and started putting dishes from this morning away, feeling Derek's gaze on me.

He leaned on the counter that was beside me and gently brushed a hair behind my ear.

I looked up at him, my breath deepening, my heart pounding. He slowly moved closer and then my doorbell rang, causing me to jump.

I quickly walked to the door and opened it, seeing Jessie.

"Jessie?!" I asked, having the door closed as much as possible.

"Hey! I was just thinking you could use a night-"

"I um..."

Jessie's mouth dropped. "You have a guy?! In the apartment?!"

I smiled, caught.

"Oh well go get him!" She said, leaving.

I sighed and closed the door, running my eyes, too late. The mood was killed, I headed to bed trying not to think about it.

I got ready for bed in the bathroom and then walked into the bedroom where Derek already was lying in his makeshift cot that fit my little apartment.

Since having him here, I actually haven't had as many nightmares. Only in the beginning, but now they slowly dwindled because just something about him being around, his presence, made everything seem not so scary.

"Goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite," I mumbled.

"Night."

I soon drifted to sleep and was woken up to the sound of something in the kitchen. The sun beamed in and I grabbed my sweater and threw it on, walking into the kitchen rubbing my eyes.

Derek stood there and handed me a glass of orange juice. "Morning."

"Morning," I yawned.

I sat at the table and shook my hair out.

Derek set my toast down, placing the strawberry jelly next to it and his hand brushed mine.

"So any news on this necklace?" I asked.

"Not yet, I'm planning on visiting Stiles after school."

"Stiles? The one who has a dad as a cop?" I asked, turning in my seat to face him.

"Yes," he said, sitting down next to me.

"How do you plan this?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand.

"The window."

I raised my eyebrows. "I'm so tagging along for this."

"You laugh at him annoying me-"

"I laugh at both of you- you shouldn't be so hard on him, he's a nice kid. And that too- he's just a kid. However I do kinda laugh that he's terrified of you."

Derek rolled his eyes.

"Come on you wouldn't hurt him-"

"Only because I know you wouldn't want me to. You seem to have grown to like these two kids."

I shrugged. "Getting locked in a high school with them when trying to be killed does that. I think it made us grow closer," I replied, nudging his arm. "So I'm totally joining you."

"Wouldn't have it any other way."