Chapter 91: Can I Ask A Favor?

Derek and I walked into the loft, sighing.

It was over.

We put the kids to bed and we trudged to our bedroom where I fell on the bed and sighed. I stared at the ceiling and I felt the weight of the bed shift as Derek fell back on the bed beside me.

I looked at him and he turned his head and looked at me.

I softly smiled.

It was over.

He was safe.

The kids were safe.

We were safe.

"How was it fighting with a gun?" I asked.

"Wasn't terrible," he answered, eyeing me. "But it wasn't great."

I smiled and slightly giggled. I then grew serious remembering the situation.

Derek noticed my seriousness and slowly intertwined his fingers with my hand that was at my side.

"How's your shoulder?" He asked, concern in his eyes.

"It's healed, it luckily wasn't traced with wolfsbane."
Derek nodded and I stared at him.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," I smiled.

"Impossible," Derek replied with our usual mantra to the kids.

I smiled and kissed him before we headed to bed, a thunderstorm helping lull us to sleep.

We finally could sleep in peace.

~

I was awoken by the sound of the alarm going off.

Derek quickly shifted, turning. "Lizabeth," he whispered.

We jumped out of bed and Derek grabbed his gun.
I knew the alarm triggered the kids room lockdown and I walked beside Derek.

The last time something like this happened it was Kate taking him away. I wouldn't let that happen this time. She was going to have to go through me before she touched him.

He slowly walked forward when the door opened.

Lydia stood there drenched.

"Lydia?" I asked, relaxing.

She locked eyes with Derek and suddenly let out a banshee scream and I covered my ears, ducking down, shocked and scared from the loud noise.

When she finished I slowly stood up and looked at Derek.

"Derek? Elizabeth?" Lydia asked, breaking out of her trance.

I slowly approached her. "Why don't we get you home."

I drove Lydia home, dropping her off, making sure she made it inside before heading back to the loft.

I walked in and saw Derek standing by the windows.

He turned and looked at me and clenched his jaw.

He was still marked for death.

I went to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

I hated living like this. I hated knowing he was destined to die, without knowing if we could change it. We would try, we would fight it, but right now I just wanted to be with him, without thinking this was the last time I may ever see him.

We spent our time in silence on the couch until the sun came up.

~

We were trying to go about our day as normal as we could, but there was a cloud in the air. I tried pushing it out of my mind, but I couldn't. What was going to happen to Derek?

I was startled out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

Derek went and opened it and Scott was standing there, looking like he might hurl, holding a duffle bag.

Derek let him in and he sat down at the couch and set the bag down.

"I have to confess something," he started as I sat down next to Derek. "I've been keeping something from you guys, I know it was wrong, and I'm sorry."

"What is it?" I asked, impatient, thinking the worst.

Scott sighed, avoiding our eyes as he opened his bag that was filled with money.

"Okay," Derek said.

"Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked.

"How much do you make at the Animal Clinic?" Derek asked.

"Minimum wage."

"That's why. Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a True Alpha."

"You're not angry?" Scott asked us, looking between us and I softly smiled.

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter."

"Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it."

"There's another vault?" Scott asked, looking down at his feet, amazed.

"No," Derek slightly laughed. "I own the building. And I have my own bank accounts thanks to Elizabeth. All the money from the vault was Peter's. I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back," Derek replied, getting up and following Scott to the door.

"I know Lydia was here last night," Scott said, turning before he left.

Derek sighed and I glanced at him.

"Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you. If anyone can find an answer, it's him."
Derek nodded.

"Can I ask a favor?" Scott asked again before leaving.

I raised my eyebrow at his tone.

I knew that tone.

I knew the favor was something to do with a girl.

Oh young love and all the things for do for it.