Chapter 51: A Bigger Problem

Scott and I walked down the dark halls of the hospital. Scott went ahead of me around the corner and I jumped when a hand wrapped around his neck and shoved him against the wall.

"Where is she?" The twins yelled.  "We're trying not to hurt you."

"Try harder," Scott choked.

I ran over and clawed their back but they didn't even flinch and grabbed my neck and slammed me up against the wall next to Scott.

"You guys weren't kidding about them," I gasped and Scott raised his eyebrows.

"Hey! I'd like to try something," Melissa said, taking the defibrillator and shocking them.

We fell to the ground as the twins were knocked out and I coughed.

"Sweetheart, get up!" Melissa said.

Scott slowly stood up and helped me up. "Come on."

We ran away and when we felt there was enough distance we fell to a quick walk.

"He just let me go, said it was a gesture of goodwill," Melissa explained how she escaped Deucalion. "No other reason."

"He had to have a reason," Scott said. "I don't think he does anything without a reason."

"Well, if that means I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then don't worry about it. I got that covered."

"Maybe it's so  you trust him Scott," I said skeptically.

We stopped when we heard a noise.

Scott and I got our claws ready and slowly turned the corner ready to attack.

We stopped when we saw Allison, Chris, and Isaac. I sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness," I whispered.

"Elizabeth? What are you doing here?!" Isaac whispered.

"It's a long story," I answered.

"We need your help," Scott said.

We continued our journey, explaining our situation to the three.

"So then they're essentially trapped?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, right," Scott answered. "There's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on."

"But wait, wait, wait, if the power's back on, they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?" Isaac asked. 

"And they'll be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as it stops," Chris added.

"We can't get in a fight with them," Scott said.

"You've got us now," Allison said.

"It's too much to risk. They want her dead, and if she dies, there's nothing that we can do for Stiles's dad or Cora." Scott said and we stopped in a room and started to think of a plan.

"I don't even think I know which teacher this is," Chris said.

"She's she's the one with the brown hair. She's kind of hot," Isaac answered and we all looked at him. "No, it's jus just an observation."

"I've got an idea," Allison said.
~
Allison distracted the twins, letting them think she was Jeniffer while Isaac, Peter, and I drove Chris' car.

We waited for Scott to return but he wasn't.

"Isaac drive," Peter said.

"Not without Scott," Isaac said.

"Isaac if you want to live, drive," Peter said again as we started to become cornered. "Drive!"

"Okay!"

Isaac sped out of the garage and didn't stop till we hit our meeting point.

Peter sat up nervously.

"You see the twins?" Isaac asked.

"No. But I see the Argents."

"What is it?"

"A retreat."

I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, but wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive, hmm?"

"Technically it was Scott and Stiles with Lydia's fire bombs," I corrected.

We looked behind and Peter was gone.

I unbuckled quickly. "I really despise that man," I mumbled as we saw no sight of him.

"Where are the others?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know. Scott and Stiles went back for Derek and Jennifer," Chris answered as Derek's car pulled up.

I sighed in relief and wanted to throw my arms around him but he quickly grabbed Cora from the back.

"I had to get Cora out," Derek said, transferring Cora to our car.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asked.

"Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now."

"What about Scott and Melissa?" Chris asked.

"Jennifer took Melissa."

I stopped in my tracks.

"What about Scott?" Allison asked but Derek was silent. "Derek, where's Scott?"

Derek looked at me with daggers. "He joined Deucalion."

I stepped back.

This was not an equation I had ever anticipated to happen in this gigantic mess.