Chapter 13: Escaping The Night

"The kitchen, the door out of the kitchen leads to the stairwell," Stiles said.

"Which only goes up," Scott noted.

"Up is better than here."

We all ran, blocking the door behind us and running into a room and Scott placed a stool under the doorknob.

"Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asked.

"Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap."

"Five? I barely fit in the back," Allison whispered.

"It doesn't matter. There's no getting out without drawing attention," Stiles added.

"What about this? This leads to the roof," Scott pointed to a door. "We can go down the fire escape to the parking lot in, like, seconds."

"That's a deadbolt," Stiles noted again.

I sometimes wished he wasn't so smart.

"The janitor has a key."

"You mean his body has it."

"I can get it. I  can find him by scent, by blood."

"Well, gee, that sounds Iike an incredibly terrible idea. What else you got?"

"I'm getting the key."

"Are you serious?"

"Well, it's the best plan. Someone has to get the key if we want to get out of here," Scott spoke up.

"You can't go out there unarmed," Allison said.

Scott looked around and found a weird wire thing with a little hand on it and I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, it's better than nothing."

"There's gotta be something else."

"There is," Lydia remarked and we all looked at her.

"What are we gonna do? Throw acid on him?" Stiles asked.

"That might not be a bad idea," I said.

"No. Like a fire bomb. In there is everything you need to make a self-igniting Molotov cocktail."

"Self-igniting What?" Stiles asked.

"Self-igniting Molotov cocktail." Lydia then turned to Jackson who was looking at her. "What? I read it somewhere."

"We don't have a key for that either," Stiles added, referring to the chemical cabinet.

Jackson rolled his eyes and elbowed the cabinet, breaking the glass.

We all grabbed chemicals and put them on the table in front of Lydia.

"Jackson, hand me the sulfuric acid," she said, as she mixed a bunch of chemicals together.

He handed her the acid and she poured some in, stirring the bottle and capping it, handing it to Scott.

"No. No, this is insane, you can't do this," Allison said, stopping him.  "You cannot go out there."

"We can't just sit here waiting for Stiles' dad to check his messages."

"You could die. Don't you get that? He's killed three people."

"And we're next. Somebody has to do something."

"Scott, just stop. Do you remember - Do you remember when you told me you knew whether or not I was lying? That I had a tell. So do you. You're a horrible Iiar. And you've been lying all night," Allison cried, her voice cracking and Jackson scoffing.

I glanced at him and he looked away.

"Just - Just please please don't go. Please don't leave us. Please," Allison begged.

"Lock it behind me," Scott said to me.

He nodded at me and I understood, I had to protect them and if that meant changing- it meant that.

He left and I quickly locked the doors behind him.

"I don't get this. I don't get why he's out there, and why he left us. And I can't I can't stop my hands from shaking," Allison said, pacing.

"It's okay. It's okay, it's gonna be okay. Okay," Jackson comforted her, which is the nicest he's been all night.

"Jackson, you handed me the sulfuric acid, right?" Lydia asks, causing us all to turn to face him. " It has to be sulfuric acid. It won't ignite if it's not."

"I gave you exactly what you asked for, didn't I?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure you did," Lydia said, shaking her head.

I breathed a breath I was holding, if the alpha didn't kill me, I was dying of heart failure that's for sure.

Jackson suddenly yelled in pain and fell on his back, withering in pain.

Allison went to him and placed he hands on his face.
When he finally calmed down we all asked what was going on.

" Uh, no, I'm fine. Like, seriously, I'm okay," he insisted.

"That didn't sound okay at all," Stiles said. "What's on the back of your neck?"

Stiles went to check it out but Jackson backed away. "I said I'm fine."

I grabbed Stiles arm and tugged on his arm a little to pull him away.

"It's been there for days," Lydia informed. "He won't tell me what happened."

"As if you actually care."

"All right, can we not argue for half a second here? Where's Scott? He should be back by now," Stiles said and we heard something.

We all ran to the door where we heard the door being locked from the outside.

"Scott! -Scott!" We yelled but he broke the key, trapping us in and leaving.

"Where's he going?" Allison asked.

"Scott. Scott. Scott! Scott! Stop," We shouted, trying to get him to listen.

"Stop! Do you hear that?" Stiles said, quieting us. "Listen."

We heard sirens and we all practically collapsed in relief.

The cops came in and broke the door open and I quickly left, unnoticed, a feature Derek taught me.

I escaped and ran to my car.

Derek was still unconscious and I drove off.

I pulled into my apartment and carried him up.

I carried him to my bed and I quickly removed his shirt to see the huge fist hole in his chest.

I swallowed the bile that threatened to come out and I quickly ran and grabbed my first aid kit and some towels.

Once I grabbed everything I needed, I started cleaning the wound with rubbing alcohol. My hands shook, and I barely knew what I was doing.

"Don't die," I repeated in the air.

He finally jerked awake, grabbing my wrist firmly.
I winced in pain and tried yanking away.

"Break my arm," he said.

"What?!"

"Do it. It'll start the healing process."

I took a shaky breath and grabbed his arm. I took a deep breath, I could do this. I offered to chop his whole arm off to save him, why couldn't I break his arm?!

I closed my eyes and broke his arm and he yelled in pain, falling back unconscious.

I fell on the floor and ran my hands through my hair.

I quickly bandaged the wound and then I cleaned everything up.

It wasn't until I was done and I made sure he was still alive I collapsed on the floor again, holding his hand and passing out from the whole ordeal of the night.