Chapter 25: Kenima

I got a call from Scott saying to meet at the school.

I rushed over and saw Scott, Stiles, and Derek standing in the parking lot.

"Do I want to know why Derek and Stiles look like they just jumped in the pool?" I asked.

"Well... we kinda fell into the pool-" Stiles started.

"Kinda? You dropped me in the pool!" Derek seethed. "When I was paralyzed!"

"I'm sorry what?!" I asked.

"Ok so the killer is like a lizard and he was there tonight while your little boyfriend and his sidekick interrogated me about it. Cause you know I almost died the other night but I'm fine- thanks for asking- anyways this lizard can paralyze with a scratch on the neck and so I was carrying him and trying to call Scott and I dropped my phone-"

"He then threw me in the pool!" Derek cut in.

"Minor accident, then I had to jump after him- so technically I jumped in the pool," Stiles finished.

"So um.. this lizard?"

"It's called a Kanima," Derek said.

"You knew the whole time?" Scott asked.

"Only when it was confused by its own reflection."

"It doesn't know who it is, or what."

"What else do you know?"

"Stories or rumors. A shape-shifter, but it's not right. It's like a..." Derek was at a loss of words.

"An abomination," Stiles said seriously.

"Derek? We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents?" Scott suggested.

"You trust them?"

"Nobody trusts anyone! That's the problem. While we're here, arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, faster than any of us, and it's killing me and we don't know anything about it."

"I know one thing, I find it? I am gonna kill it!"

Derek then walked off and I sighed.

"Did you find the bestiary?" I asked.

"Not yet, Allison and I thought we found it, but it was just a cook book."

I raised my eyebrows. "Well this shouldn't be too hard."

"Allison's working on that right now," Scott said.

I nodded. "Okay," I said and started walking away before turning around. "Stiles how did you know about-"

"About What?"

I pointed at myself and behind me, which nothing was there. "Derek?"

"Wait what?"

"Never mind."

"Wait seriously?!" Stiles asks.

"What?" Scott asked confused.

"Nothing," I said.

"Her and Derek you idiot!" Stiles said.

"Wait seriously?!" Scott asks.

"Well don't sound so disappointed," I said.

Scott rolled his eyes.

"You should've seen it coming," Stiles said, hitting Scott's shoulder, "She's practically a Hale, just not the scary stare and death threats."

I glared at him.

"Okay, maybe just the death threats."

I walked off waving goodbye.