Chapter 61: Party Crash

I heard Derek's roar and I tried moving.

I was freezing, and there was a burning behind my ear and could barely move.

"Lizabeth, you need to heal," Derek said, lifting my face to look at it.

I shivered uncontrollably and barely felt any touch to my skin.

He looked behind my ear and then back at my face.
"Lizbeth!"

I nodded and I moved my hand to my thigh, at least I hoped so.

I got my claws out and I dug them into my skin.

I slowly felt warmth come back and I shivered as I looked at the car.

"The kids?" I asked, my teeth chattering.

Derek wrapped his jacket around me. "They're fine," he said, rubbing my shoulders.

"What happened?"

"I don't know."

"Do you know who that was?"

"No. We need to get home."

I nodded and got in the car.

I was exhausted.

We pulled into our loft and saw at least the whole schools worth of cars parked.

"What is this?" I asked.

Derek jaw stiffened and he got out.

I quickly grabbed the kids, placing each one on my hip and followed Derek.

I heard the music before I even reached the door.

We opened it and there was the school dancing in the dark with glow paint and sticks.

There had been a power outage but our generator had started.

I stood at the doorway shocked.

Derek made his way through the crowd and I tried following, Erik and M'Lynn starting to cry from all the noise.

"Sorry dude, DJ doesn't take requests," a tough looking guy said, stopping Derek with a hand to the chest.

Derek looked at his hand and then back at him. 

The guy took his hand off.

Derek started to approach again with the same approach.

"Bro I said-"

Derek stopped him with a grip to the throat.

Usually I'd stop Derek at this point but I was tired, my kids were wailing, and there were people in my house without my permission and going anywhere they felt like and jumping on the bed and throwing up on the furniture.

Derek threw the guy aside and then grabbed the DJ table and flipped in over, the loud music stopping.

"Get out!!" Derek roared.

Everyone ran out except for Lydia, who was freezing, the twins, Scott and a girl I don't know, Allison, and Isaac.

"Get her out of here?" Aiden said, handing Lydia over to Danny.

I got the kids upstairs quickly and shut the door, running back down, ready to kill these kids.

When I got down I saw these samurai there and approaching Ethan.

"Why are they looking at me?" He asked.

I looked at Derek who sighed and we charged together.

Derek slashed and I went to tackle but they dodge.
We threw punches, Derek and I fighting together.

Derek grabbed my arm and pulled me away from one and then grabbed it by the neck and snapped it.

It fell to the ground and then it got back up, punching Derek and throwing him into the wall.

It then punched me and I flew back and landed on my back and felt the air knocked out of me.

I gasped for breath as the others fought.

I shakily stood up as they reached the twin and then he fell to the ground and the sun shone through the window and they disappeared.

Everyone breathed heavy and I looked at them.

"Your dads twenty four hours are up," Isaac said to Allison.

"Yeah well you guys may not even have twenty four hours after you're done with me! We all are having a little chat and don't think for one second about leaving or I swear everything we've ever encountered will look like nothing!" I threatened to all of them, seething.